Product Subscription Feedback (From customers)

Tom S.

Here are a couple of comments directly from customers

Unfortunatly you have inconvenient payment interface, so it difficult to manage my payments

This first one is because a customer wanted to change membership and went to the store to upgrade. That doesn't work because it would stack and not upgrade the current membership. They have to do it from the client area. But it should work in both scenarios as most people assume the store is the place to do it. Also worth mentioning here that PayPal billing agreements are not managed well for customers who want to renew/upgrade. They first have to manually cancel the agreement. Shouldn't the system automatically cancel it for them if it sees that they are in the process of changing the agreement?

Why can't i buy another month of your services? I mean i love your platform and you seem to reject my money haha

This second one is because we don't allow multiple purchases of a subscription (for good reason) so when customers go to the store to renew they can't. Again they have to go to the client area.

The new subscription manager might solve these problems. Unfortunately it lacks necessary functionality as demonstrated by the fact it is often referred to as a lite version.

It badly needs

1. Discout/Coupons

2. Multiple renewal options per subscriptions. 

Ideally, the product version of subscriptions shouldn't exists. The subscription manager should be able to handle all of it and be contain the necessary features.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:46 AM, Tom S. said:

Here are a couple of comments directly from customers

This first one is because a customer wanted to change membership and went to the store to upgrade. That doesn't work because it would stack and not upgrade the current membership. They have to do it from the client area. But it should work in both scenarios as most people assume the store is the place to do it. Also worth mentioning here that PayPal billing agreements are not managed well for customers who want to renew/upgrade. They first have to manually cancel the agreement. Shouldn't the system automatically cancel it for them if it sees that they are in the process of changing the agreement?

This second one is because we don't allow multiple purchases of a subscription (for good reason) so when customers go to the store to renew they can't. Again they have to go to the client area.

The new subscription manager might solve these problems. Unfortunately it lacks necessary functionality as demonstrated by the fact it is often referred to as a lite version.

It badly needs

1. Discout/Coupons

2. Multiple renewal options per subscriptions. 

Ideally, the product version of subscriptions shouldn't exists. The subscription manager should be able to handle all of it and be contain the necessary features.

it can already do coupons, i use them myself, add a coupon in he normal way and voila, however, that coupon will go across all plans, you cannot assign it to just one subscription plan.

My users manage their payments via /clients/orders/ and that seems good enough.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, loccom said:

it can already do coupons, i use them myself, add a coupon in he normal way and voila, however, that coupon will go across all plans, you cannot assign it to just one subscription plan.

I wasn't aware that a coupon would work. I'll have to try it.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, AlexWebsites said:

I wasn't aware that a coupon would work. I'll have to try it.

Coupon only works if you allow it to be applied to all purchases, of anything. To my knowledge, you can't limit it to subscriptions only, or to individual plans. 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:15 PM, loccom said:

Yeah that’s no good obviously.

• 6 months later...

Archived