Jump to content

How to remove all members from one usergroup?


Ramsesx

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

I want to remove all members out from a second usergroup. There is only the option to move those members to another group, but this changes the members primary group.

So, any other ideas? Thanks.

When you mean from a certain usergorup, do you mean a particular group or remove them from all secondary groups? If the latter, you can run this sql query for that.

UPDATE core_members SET mgroup_others = "";

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Faqole said:

When you mean from a certain usergorup, do you mean a particular group or remove them from all secondary groups? If the latter, you can run this sql query for that.


UPDATE core_members SET mgroup_others = "";

 

Thanks but I only want to remove them from one particular second usergroup but keep them in all other groups they are in (primary and secondary).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are there users who have this group as their primary? On deleting a member group, it should only force a move in that scenario.

No, it is only assigned as a secondary group. If I would just delete that group it forces me to move the users to another group and this changes the existing primary group for all of them. Was it this what you meant in your last sentence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ramsesx said:

No, it is only assigned as a secondary group. If I would just delete that group it forces me to move the users to another group and this changes the existing primary group for all of them. Was it this what you meant in your last sentence?

If you wish to submit a ticket, we can take a look at this. As the system should allow you to just delete a member group that is only used as a secondary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you wish to submit a ticket, we can take a look at this. As the system should allow you to just delete a member group that is only used as a secondary.

You are right, it looks like I can just delete the group. Will check this out. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...