NSFW Pictures?

Club Dark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2018 at 11:20 AM, A Zayed said:

The user can wrap the photo inside a spoiler? Isn't this enough?

One thing to consider with NSFW images and using spoiler tags (or any other implementation for that matter) is the image still loads (and is potentially cached to the users' machines) even if they never click on the spoiler tag to reveal the image.

Any implementation would need to not load the actual image until the spoiler or reveal element was clicked.

2 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

One thing to consider with NSFW images and using spoiler tags (or any other implementation for that matter) is the image still loads (and is potentially cached to the users' machines) even if they never click on the spoiler tag to reveal the image.

Any implementation would need to not load the actual image until the spoiler or reveal element was clicked.

Yes, but if the user is advanced enough to dig through the cache, they're more than capable of registering on the site and agreeing to being of age. 

I think it's enough to simply hide or fade the image.  

On 10/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, Joel R said:

Yes, but if the user is advanced enough to dig through the cache, they're more than capable of registering on the site and agreeing to being of age. 

I think it's enough to simply hide or fade the image.  

My point was more that if someone was browsing a thread with NSFW content and didn't want that content on their machine, simply hiding the image won't prevent that. There are forums that people browse at work, and rely on NSFW tags/spoilers to ensure they aren't viewing inappropriate content at work. Depending on their employer's tracking methods, they could easily see inappropriate images being delivered to the client machine, and the employee could be held accountable (without even knowing what they did).

Granted, that's a whole different discussion, but something worth considering (and possibly for consideration in developing this addon).

I custom ordered a NSFW plugin from @DawPi it does what I needed it to do, which is slightly different, do not show NSFW for guests and asks them to log into see the content. But I am sure he could modify it quite easily to do what you guys need. You guys may want to reach out to him, I already paid him but I dont mind him sharing the code. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey;

Sorry for being that late...

The progress so far for the plugin development:

Set NSFW:

image.thumb.png.becf9bb6f089b56a600abc192e46170b.png

Unset NSFW:

image.thumb.png.78b8d1d5b5c1d4daaed3dec675366b11.png

P.S, the image caching option [caching the blurred photo rather than the original photo] is not considered in this plugin, I'm not thinking about it right now.

I'd like to know your feedback;

Regards;

Ahmed

19 minutes ago, A Zayed said:

Hey;

Sorry for being that late...

The progress so far for the plugin development:

Set NSFW:

image.thumb.png.becf9bb6f089b56a600abc192e46170b.png

Unset NSFW:

image.thumb.png.78b8d1d5b5c1d4daaed3dec675366b11.png

P.S, the image caching option [caching the blurred photo rather than the original photo] is not considered in this plugin, I'm not thinking about it right now.

I'd like to know your feedback;

Regards;

Ahmed

1. Can you set this per image and per album? 

2. Unset NSFW - does that remember user choice for all future images? 

3. Unset NSFW - can you make it so guests are prompted to login? 

8 minutes ago, Joel R said:

1. Can you set this per image and per album? 

Now, it's set per image, per album->planned.

8 minutes ago, Joel R said:

2. Unset NSFW - does that remember user choice for all future images? 

Set/Unset option is a per image option, the one who have this option to (Set/Unset) NSFW is author+admin group.

The logged-in user can uncover photo (Red button) during his seesion, once session expired it got recovered for him/her.

11 minutes ago, Joel R said:

3. Unset NSFW - can you make it so guests are prompted to login? 

This is not planned as it's away from plugin scope.

Archived