Community

Matt

Any "classic" screen shots of IPB?

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I feel a blog coming on.

Please feel completely free to make use of any of the pic's in the .zips or otherwise if you wish. I know some of them could probably do with a tiny bit of a tidy/crop possibly. :smile:

3 hours ago, mrbowers said:

You guys are going about this all wrong? 

Put url and boom just like magic old web.

https://archive.org/web/

Maybe :wink: But...

... that won't show a (decent) selection of the ACP area's, well not easily found ones anyway plus the pics are half setup to try to show each 'area' of both front end and admin side too. :biggrin:

Not sure ? Try to find a selection of Nexus pics via that link.

Edited by AndyF

I doubt I have any anymore, but I've been using the software for over 13 years myself (after having clicked the footer link to the IPS site when posting on someone else's 2.0 site). I'm assuming I had some at some point.

7 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

someone else's 2.0 site

Got to say I did like the extra splashes of colour in the 2.0.x ACP , something that went away (a bit anyway) in 2.1 although iirc the side menu options for each 'section' were much improved from 2.0 to 2.1 from a 'human navigation' point of view.

I can't remember the reason for the colour reduction although I do recall it was a logical decision. :)

50 minutes ago, AndyF said:

I can't remember

I can't remember hardly anything in life, so I have forgotten the changes from version to version. I forget if I already mentioned this, but I forget what happened in a movie the week before. lol. I hope I don't have some health issue.

So, anyway, I don't remember the acp too well. I remember the brighter blue in the actual front end skin, though.

2 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

I don't remember the acp too well.

The .zips are still alive in my initial posts. The splash of colour in the ACP , I mean simply this in the sidebar area:

17.thumb.png.5ed51f96c435576f513b32edf609f935.png

Posted (edited)

For those of you who would like to see the public facing site through the years, I put this together a while back:

edit: I would add more recent ones, but I can't edit the post 😕 

Edited by Tom S.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, AndyF said:

The .zips are still alive in my initial posts. The splash of colour in the ACP , I mean simply this in the sidebar area:

17.thumb.png.5ed51f96c435576f513b32edf609f935.png

I didn't remember the scrollbar. Do you remember which version it changed much? I honestly can't remember which version I first saw the acp on... I think it was 2.0.4.... or something like that and it was on someone else's site and the only reason I had access is some admin on there went rogue and started making people admins. lol.

9 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

I didn't remember the scrollbar. Do you remember which version it changed much? I honestly can't remember which version I first saw the acp on... I think it was 2.0.4.... or something like that and it was on someone else's site and the only reason I had access is some admin on there went rogue and started making people admins. lol.

All the 2.0.x series have that coloured sidebar. It went awol at 2.1.x although the main 'panel' area gained a bit more colour, increased a bit more with sensible warnings/hints etc with the later 2.2. and then the 2.3.x series.

All the 2.x series had a scrollbar unless you had a mass screen resolution (at that time when I think 1024x768 was normal and 1280x1024 for those with a slightly bigger wallet for a monitor perhaps) :)

Not sure really what you mean by "changed much" , unless I answered to your satisfaction in my two sentences above. 😀