Community

Matt

Any "classic" screen shots of IPB?

Does anyone have any screenshots of class Invision Community products?

I'd love to see them.

I have a hand full, but after moving computers about a dozen times, I've lost a lot.

@AndyF probably has thousands 😄 

@Matt No, I don't have any :laugh::biggrin:

@Adriano Faria Thanks for the topic link.

I am attaching zip's of each version to this reply for anyone's convenience and curiosity. These are not neatly trimmed sadly, unfortunately the neater ones I cannot find.  However having said that they are all there and not bad might just need cropping if you intended to re-use them. Inside each zip there's two folders one with a couple of installer progress pics and then a folder covering most area's of the software, topic / forum view , profile view etc etc and so on:

101.zip

131.zip

200.zip

217.zip

220.zip

236.zip

305.zip

314.zip

323.zip

😄

I was once asked why I had not covered "every version", the reasoning was simple:

1. I tried where possible to use the 'last version of that 'line' to get the most up-to-date images

2. There was no visible (or very little visible) differences between say 230 and 236, the changes were mainly code based. Same for say 320 vs 323 etc

3. There is no 33x or 34x set as at the time of creation, these did not really exist or iirc 33x was the newest and current. Having said that they look similar enough to the 32x series to not justify creation of a set.

Enjoy. 🙂

Obviously goes without saying the above zips contain images only, there's no products within. I still have them all actually!

I did at one point have a few "look back" pics of early Gallery (v2 series iirc) / Downloads (v1 series) / Blog (v1 series) but sadly cannot find them, also a few pics of IP.Converge in action and Nexus (with its apps cms/downloads/billing/hosting etc), again I think I've lost those over the years :blush: Thankfully just the screen shot's, not the products themselves! Do not appear to have anything older aka IP.Dynamic etc

Edited by AndyF
Forgot a sentence! 🙂

On 10/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, simonle said:

Man, I still love that 2.0 skin. 👍

Classic Blue ? :wub:

There were at least a couple of versions of it for the 3x series, possibly the early 4x series too (can't remember off hand) :smile:

It did suit the 2x series very well all in all imo, probably (just my own opinion/guess) why it stayed for so long with minor updates and tweaks, after all "its not broken so why fix it" 🙂 , although the newer design of the 3x series meant a new skin was needed.

To balance this out the black 'Pro' skin included in the later 23x releases was slightly easier to tweak if all you wanted was a few colour changes etc etc. This skin did after a few months grow its appeal to me, twas my default. On the other side at 3x there was the VSE to make this even easier.

Edited by AndyF

Is that why Nexus was the name of the ecommerce up until 3.x? It always confused me, since Nexus usually  denotes connection or the intersection of multiple points.  

Also I totally applaud and support trendy and non-sensical buzzwords for all of your apps! Converge! Synthesize! Advocator! Omnichannel! Empower! You don't even need to use the app; Just reading their names makes you feel ... Like you're at the Nexus of Dynamicism and Invisioning! And for only $149 initial payment and $29 renewal more, you don't want to miss out on NinjaGuruTractionator! 

Edited by Joel R

No. Do you remember IPSBeyond ? And from that the Resources site aka IPSResources ? That was "Nexus" powered. The ACP is dark gray(grey?) / black.

Beta downloads of various elements of it were available at one time, I still have them! I don't have any screenshots of it to hand unfortunately. Think of that 'Nexus' as the 'core' and then you'd add on things like Downloads/CMS/Billing etc. Similar in a way to how the Client Area was in years past.

Not related to Commerce/Nexus/Commerce that you see in the 3x and 4x series...

There is this info in the News/Blog really anyway with a bit of digging and the wayback machine.

EDIT... I have found some screenshots however I want to check first before I post them...

🙂

Edited by AndyF

Haha, i also remenber IP.Dynamic 🙂 ... And the "Filemanager" 🙂

Wasn't IP.Nexus a CMS a long time before it became a Commerce-Script? I thought there was a public Alpha... Hmmn... Getting old 🙂

Great topic remembering the good old times and thanks for the pics @AndyF

Hi,

Unsure if you have these, just a few IPB images I came across whilst going through my hard drive a few months ago. Just put in a shared album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CjaTDjuJSM4qsDfL7

Actually, a Google Photos rich content embed would be rather nice!

I liked Matt when he looked like a fish. True story. But stating his Zest (whatever the hell that was?) was 'poo' was just plain outrageous.