Notify me of replies, default to YES?

Lenny Warren

When members create a new post, or even reply, is there a way to have "Notify me of replies" always defaulting to YES?

I'm having members complain they forget to select it and then don't know if any replies. I'm trying to woo Facebook users back to my forum and it's hard work. 😉

Cheers,

Lenny

1 hour ago, Lenny Warren said:

When members create a new post, or even reply, is there a way to have "Notify me of replies" always defaulting to YES?

I'm having members complain they forget to select it and then don't know if any replies. I'm trying to woo Facebook users back to my forum and it's hard work. 😉

Cheers,

Lenny

Your users can turn this on in their notification settings.

Notification_Settings_-_Invision_Communi

1 hour ago, Rhett said:

Your users can turn this on in their notification settings.

Notification_Settings_-_Invision_Communi

Thanks, but that relies on individual members to do that. Facebook generation are used to it happening automatically. Is there a way to default "auto follow new content" for all users globally? That's basically what I'm getting asked for. A few moderators have crossed over from another forum using VBulletin and they want the members they are bringing with them to have this.

2 hours ago, Lenny Warren said:

Thanks, but that relies on individual members to do that. Facebook generation are used to it happening automatically. Is there a way to default "auto follow new content" for all users globally? That's basically what I'm getting asked for. A few moderators have crossed over from another forum using VBulletin and they want the members they are bringing with them to have this.

This was actually added into the core after looking deeper. 

In your admincp > live search, type in "notifications"

On the default notifications page > select advanced settings in the upper right.

Notifications_2018-10-08_11-13-52.jpg

Notification_Settings_2018-10-08_11-15-1

Keep in mind it will apply to new members only though. Existing members will still need to manually edit unless they have never adjusted their notifications it would then be using the default. 

Archived