ThreadStarter: Music

1 hour ago, Greek76 said:

Unfortunately didn't change the "more" problem. It's still coming out black but thanks. 

How strange, usually when something works in the browser console it works when added to the custom CSS file; the 'important' part ensures that those commands take precedence over any other commands that would counteract them.  I had the same issues in my own site when I used these apps and managed to correct everything that was wrong.  The only other way that I can help you is to have admin access to your site and I'll go in and sort it for you, but that's something you have to decide if you want me to do that.  There are several template edits that need to be done to get rid of that 'more' button, I know I hated it as it looks ugly.  Let me know via PM if you want me to sort this for you, I'm always happy to help 🙂

20 minutes ago, Davyc said:

How strange, usually when something works in the browser console it works when added to the custom CSS file; the 'important' part ensures that those commands take precedence over any other commands that would counteract them.  I had the same issues in my own site when I used these apps and managed to correct everything that was wrong.  The only other way that I can help you is to have admin access to your site and I'll go in and sort it for you, but that's something you have to decide if you want me to do that.  There are several template edits that need to be done to get rid of that 'more' button, I know I hated it as it looks ugly.  Let me know via PM if you want me to sort this for you, I'm always happy to help 🙂

I'm sure Batarjal will fix this. I was talking to him in pm earlier. Davy I appreciate your help. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

@batarjal Just a few suggestions to make the app more usable for a future release.

1. The ability to purge the database of failed submissions.  For example a band name or album (or both) are entered and although they are in the AudioDB there is no data.  After signing up to the AudioDB and adding the data when returning to add this to the site it still shows 'no data'.  I had to physically remove the entries from both the site and the database manually.  When returning to add the entry again the data was available.  

2. The ability to edit the entry on the the page.  While the data is pulled via the API, often the formatting is terrible.  Huge blocks of text with no paragraph formatting makes for really difficult reading.

3. The ability to choose which YT video is applied to represent the artist/band.  Not every entry is supported by the best video.

4. The option to use the 'more' button or not would be a good to be able to choose from.

5. Where no data is available the option to add that data on-site rather than having to add it in the AudioDB and then return to the site to add it again.  It's a chore that not many would undertake so where no data is available give the option to add it manually using fields and upload options for images, covers and YT videos.

6. The front page widget at one time you could choose which forums to draw info from, now you can't which is a shame having everything clumped together - I'd like to see this return.

Anything that makes it easier for people to add information will encourage them to do so, the less hoops they have to jump through the better and more options (as noted above) will enhance the experience. Just some thoughts for a future release.

With thanks for producing a great app 🙂

Edited by Davyc
Missed something out
  • 2 weeks later...

@batarjal

Does threadstarter mod use lazy load? I mean for widgets.

Google page speed score gives me hard time when the widget is full of full-size images from the source. its essential to make smaller thumbnails and also take advantage of lazyload (if it doesnt yet, I dont know how to check if it does).

Same goes for THREADSTARTER GAMES.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, Greek76 said:

Batarjal are you no longer going to be supporting this plugin? Unfortunately it's not for download any more in the marketplace. What a shame. This plugin was great. 

We do not know what is problem? No update - no renew - no install?

Maybe someone know more - IPS team?

Edited by bosss