(Request) New Notification Options

ahc

I'm requesting these on behalf of several staff and members of my community who have begged me in some capacity for these options the past several months.  I'm not sure if any of these are possible, and some will see them as useless (please remember that not all communities function the same and have different needs), but passing along the recommendations regardless.

General Notifications

• Someone I am following uploads an image to the gallery [Notification List / Email]
    • Make this a separate notification instead of bundling Gallery uploads in with "makes a post"
  • (Member) Someone replies to a support ticket I created [Notification List]
  • (Staff) Someone replies to a support ticket I am assigned to [Notification List]
  • (Staff) A staff note has been added to a ticket I am assigned to [Notification List]

Groups

• A member leaves a group I am leader of [Notification List / Email]

Profiles

• Someone unfollows me [Notification List / Email]

The notification marked red is the one that gets requested almost daily. I run a creative marketplace and the gallery is a very popular way for artists to display their talents.  They are discouraged from receiving notifications from members they follow and/or following members in general because they cannot disable gallery upload notifications separately from other content it's bundled with.  If there's only one notification they would get to choose from the list to be added, it would be that one hands down.

19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The red is one is already available: Someone I am following makes a post

Although it says post, which makes you think it’s a Forums app only, it’s global. It will send notifications when someone you follow creates a topic, reply to a topic, upload an image to Gallery, a file to Downloads, a blog entry, etc.

Yeah, that's what I've explained to my community, and it's what I meant with this statement below:

20 hours ago, Alismora said:

They are discouraged from receiving notifications from members they follow and/or following members in general because they cannot disable gallery upload notifications separately from other content it's bundled with.

They're requesting that it be an entirely separate notification instead of it being bundled up with "makes a post" so that they can continue to receive post related notifications, but not worry about gallery uploads they don't necessarily care about and vice versa.

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2018 at 5:53 AM, ahc said:
  • (Member) Someone replies to a support ticket I created [Notification List]
  • (Staff) Someone replies to a support ticket I am assigned to [Notification List]
  • (Staff) A staff note has been added to a ticket I am assigned to [Notification List]

Yes! Please!

Archived