Importing & Bulk Editing Products in Commerce?

FZ

If I am posting this in the wrong place please move it. 

Here's my conundrum:

I want to use Commerce to build an eCommerce website for a customer that will contain a fairly large family of physical products to sell. My problem is that once the products are created in the system, there doesn't seem to be an easy way of bulk editing them. My client will need to update pricing on a regular basis given that our local currency fluctuates a lot and the products they sell will need to be edited to reflect those changes on probably a monthly basis. 

Right now it seems that you have to go into each product and manually adjust the price there, one at a time. If there are hundreds of products this becomes way too time consuming. Ideally we would like to be able to upload a table of prices and SKU's and/or other product information and have the system read these prices off this master control table. 

Is there an existing solution to doing this in Commerce?

Oh yes, one other thing; 

Is it possible to assign the ability to do this to a user other than an Admin? I don't want to give full admin power to a person who is in essence a data capturer responsible for updating product info. 

6 hours ago, FZ said:

Is it possible to assign the ability to do this to a user other than an Admin? I don't want to give full admin power to a person who is in essence a data capturer responsible for updating product info. 

You can already give limited admin permissions when you add the user as an Administrator.  

• 1 month later...

Following up on this subject;

Are there any developers here who would be interested in creating a bulk editing system as described above for Commerce? Ideally when entering a product category in ACP the admin will see a list of the products as is currently the case, but the price field will also be seen and can be adjusted without having to enter the product item (thinking kind of the same way that editing languages works).

Archived