recaptcha on login screen

Howard L Martinez

hello,

I am facing every time a problem people run some bot to crack my users username:pass they run like a bot who try to log in, like now I am facing more than 7 thousand guests all from the different IPs try to login...how I stop this when no recaptcha available on login screen...! what I do else only I have one option to turn off my website right now and wait for the bot to stop..!

I don't want to use third-party plugins and pay for them, why u don't put this  built in if some one wants to put recaptcha on login screen he has an option

please think about this

they din't try one user:pass many time. they upload one big user:pass combo and try to find any successfull hit..! my website like not working from yesterday.. because some one run the config on my website right now 6 thousand guest trying to login..! what i do now?? the support team tell me this problem didn't resolve even if i turn off the community because they still have to login option..! 

check this all guest from diffrent ips...! so i don't even ban the proxy http://prntscr.com/ko2tvl

Adding CAPTCHA to the login screen may (possibly) prevent any logins from working, but wouldn't prevent the actual behavior/activity going on. A script could still flood you with thousands of requests. This is known as a DDOS, and is something better mitigated by the webhost than the software.

There was a plugin/hook to add this at one point although a cursory search did not show anything for the latest IPS4.3 series. Having said that it should not be too difficult for a third party coder to write something to add this functionality but I agree with BFarber it sounds more like a DDOS so the Captcha may not really assist that much.

3 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

ya i install the plugin- but still 9 to 10 thousand guest try to login at the same time...! 

23 hours ago, bfarber said:

Adding CAPTCHA to the login screen may (possibly) prevent any logins from working, but wouldn't prevent the actual behavior/activity going on. A script could still flood you with thousands of requests. This is known as a DDOS, and is something better mitigated by the webhost than the software.

Archived