You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Hidden form elements still required

MrFisc

If you have an element on a form that you mark as required, but then hide using a YesNo control, that element will still be required causing error messages such as the following:

"An invalid form control with name='mms_selected_pfield' is not focusable."

I'm looking into a temporary work around to fix this, however I would think it would make more sense to have IPS make un-mark elements as "Required" once they have been hidden on the form.

Edited by MrFisc

6 hours ago, opentype said:

Bug reports → Support Ticket
Feature requests → Feedback Forum

I'm not really sure what to call this though. I originally used the tag "Bug", but it's not really a bug, just the lack of a feature that could potentially cause a bug. I feel like it lies somewhere between the two.

You need to set required to false on the hidden element, then use the validation callback to validate it manually and conditionally - only when the YesNo is in the desired state.

Take a look at an \IPS\Node\Model's form() method for any app you own, they all tend to use this.

Edited by Marcher Technologies