Delete members private messages

bearback

I think the (now legacy and not here) third party "inactive members" tool that existed for 3.4.x would (as well as allow deletion of members!) allow you to empty messages out too on a time basis, Although its now very ancient indeed way way way back on 2x there was an addon (I know I used it) that would trim members pm box's with messages/replies that were over x days old, something like that for IPS4 would probably be ideal. I'm not immediately aware of anything suitable for your question though.

8 hours ago, DawPi said:

All? No exceptions?

yes all messages, be able to select individual members and delete all there messages. would be handy to be able to select a group and delete the members of this group private messages.

would not need to delete all members messages on the forum

7 hours ago, AndyF said:

I think the (now legacy and not here) third party "inactive members" tool that existed for 3.4.x would (as well as allow deletion of members!) allow you to empty messages out too on a time basis, Although its now very ancient indeed way way way back on 2x there was an addon (I know I used it) that would trim members pm box's with messages/replies that were over x days old, something like that for IPS4 would probably be ideal. I'm not immediately aware of anything suitable for your question though.

I remember the inactive members tool, use to work well

there used to be an option in the acp to delete sent messages that used to trim them down a bit, looks like another option removed from v4

I have banned members who still have a lot of messages and would also like a way to remove the private messages.

thanks for your reply

Archived