Points economy is failing to update - ERROR occuring

cualupe

Hi guys,

I tried IPB support like the warning message said but they didn't help at all and said I had to contact the creator (even though the message says to contact support lol)

iTSJJBz.png

The Support link in the plugin goes to another 3rd party website which is pretty annoying.

I am running this:

From the error below you can see it is failing massively to update in the background causing a HUGE delay in the queue.

How can I fix this?

MAVroPP.png

I also can't access the latest updates because there is now  a price on this addon, even though I have already gotten it previously.

So how can I fix it now that I'm blocked from updates because the owner decided to add the price?

What's poor about the support website?  The developer is usually quick to respond same day and I haven't had any issues on their website.  You don't even need an account to post in the support areas.  Getting in contact with him is the only beginning solution to your situation.

1 minute ago, Alismora said:

What's poor about the support website?  The developer is usually quick to respond same day and I haven't had any issues on their website.  You don't even need an account to post in the support areas.  Getting in contact with him is the only beginning solution to your situation.

I mean poor as in annoying to have to be directed to a 3rd party website. I have tried messaging the creator. IPB support didn't do a thing.

Just now, cualupe said:

I mean poor as in annoying to have to be directed to a 3rd party website. I have tried messaging the creator. IPB support didn't do a thing.

Ah, I misinterpreted then, sorry.  IPB doesn't provide support for 3rd party applications and plugins though.  That message is just extremely generic and it says that when any tasks locks up regardless of reason.  Finding the specific application/plugin causing the issue is about as far as they go normally.

3 minutes ago, Alismora said:

Ah, I misinterpreted then, sorry.  IPB doesn't provide support for 3rd party applications and plugins though.  That message is just extremely generic and it says that when any tasks locks up regardless of reason.  Finding the specific application/plugin causing the issue is about as far as they go normally.

I have no idea how this error started. There's no way to update the plugin through the admin cp and there's now a cost on it.

I need to fix this as it's locking the whole queue for the site.

Is it to do with this plugin or the points economy? I can't 'even tell

Just now, cualupe said:

I have no idea how this error started. There's no way to update the plugin through the admin cp and there's now a cost on it.

I need to fix this as it's locking the whole queue for the site.

Out of curiosity, have you tried running the tasks manually?  If so, do they clear up and immediately start stacking up, or does it take some time before the queue locks up again?

2 minutes ago, Alismora said:

Out of curiosity, have you tried running the tasks manually?  If so, do they clear up and immediately start stacking up, or does it take some time before the queue locks up again?

Yes it just times out because the error goes on forever.

1 minute ago, Kevin Carwile said:

What version are you running? I believe there was a fix for that specific issue in recent releases.

Thank you for your quick response!

Points Economy 1.0.7

How do I access the newer versions now that it costs to access?

5 minutes ago, jair101 said:

It might be a wild guess on my part, but buying it will probably work. 

When you already have a plugin installed you're supposed to be able to access the updates.. Thanks for your useless input though.

Buying it is one option. Uninstalling it is another. You could up the max script runtime on your server to 60 seconds or more as a third option. The fix in the newer paid version of the product addresses that I believe.

But when a price tag was put on the product, updates became unavailable for free unfortunately.

9 hours ago, cualupe said:

Well that's a faeces outcome

Just because you installed when it was free does not entitle you to lifetime rights in your (non-existent, non-lifetime, non-anything) license.  It would be nice if it were so, but it's not.  

1.  IPS Support NEVER provides support for third-party applications or plugins.  If you're able to identify a third-party issue, don't even bother asking IPS Support for official support.  You'll save yourself from an auto-response.  

2.  Next time, contact the developer in his designated support topic.  

Archived