Two questions about Media/Attachments

Ibai

Hi there,

I have two questions about attachments.

First of all, from Media in Pages. Is there any plugin or sth to make it easier the management of files? For example, there's only info about how to get the media from template logic (like {media=2}). How could I get the direct link to it? It's a bit tricky right-clicking over the image and getting the url to the image.

In addition, I'd like to know if there's any chance to choose the compress quality of the image resources. I'm trying to upload an image with full quality and it's impossible, it's always compressing and loosing quality. I'd like to choose if I want to compress it or not.

The thing is, I don't want to change the JPG Quality in Image Settings because I want that the images that my members upload to my Files System to be compressed (they are capable to upload 3MB images....), but I want that the Media area of Pages to have the ability to upload full quality images. How can I make that "some" files do not compress?

Last but not least: I don't want members to upload attachments into their post content in my community. However, I'd like to give the ability of uploading images in Articles content so they can enrich their articles. Is this possible?

Cheers,

Ibai

On 8/23/2018 at 2:01 PM, Ibai said:

I'd like to know if there's any chance to choose the compress quality of the image resources. I'm trying to upload an image with full quality and it's impossible, it's always compressing and loosing quality. I'd like to choose if I want to compress it or not

This is a global setting for all attachments.  Go to ACP > System >  Files.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:01 PM, Ibai said:

I don't want members to upload attachments into their post content in my community. However, I'd like to give the ability of uploading images in Articles content so they can enrich their articles. Is this possible?

This is a global setting too.  If you'd like to adjust, go to the ACP Members Groups settings.  

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

This is a global setting for all attachments.  Go to ACP > System >  Files.

This is a global setting too.  If you'd like to adjust, go to the ACP Members Groups settings.  

Hi Joel R,

So that means I cannot override the attachments configuration for the media management in ACP? Also means that I cannot make that users can add attachments in Pages content but not in Forum contents? ? 

Cheers,

Ibai

Archived