Video from Ted Talks will not embed correctly

MorLenka

When I paste a link to a video on Ted.com it gets embedded in the preview and I get the " Your link has been automatically embedded." message, but when I post it, all I get is a big blank space where the video should have been.

Videos from youtube work correctly. Is it a setting somewhere? Or does it not work with ted talks videos? 

EDIT: I see that it's the same issue here. So maybe it just doesn't work with ted talk videos, or am I doing it wrong?

Test: 

14 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

likely to be an iframe source that needs to be added to the editor

Probably, but since TED is one of the stock services and it can be replicated here, I would rather open a support ticket and report it as bug. A stock service shouldn’t require iframe whitelisting or any other manual work. 

Anyway....

This is the resulting iframe content, prior to submission:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo" contenteditable="false">
	<div>
		<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="316" mozallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" src="https://embed.ted.com/talks/mary_maker_why_educating_refugees_matters" webkitallowfullscreen="" width="560"></iframe>
	</div>
</div>

The AllowedIFrameBases contains embed-ssl.ted.com and not embed.ted.com

I suspect that TED recently changed their returned embed code on their oembed endpoint, and embed.ted.com now needs to be added to the AllowediFrameBases list supported by IPS.

Note: if a user has "Can post HTML" permission via group membership then they won't see this problem (I am not suggesting that you use that as a workaround right now)

Here is a quick plugin that should assist with the problem until IPS resolves it - log a ticket, direct them to this post.

(NE) TED workaround.xml

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Could you post the link (or code) as a link/code instead, so that it can be seen? This is probably simple to resolve (likely to be an iframe source that needs to be added to the editor) but need to see the original link as opposed to the result after posting.

Sure - this is the link I have tested above: https://www.ted.com/talks/ruth_chang_how_to_make_hard_choices

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Anyway....

This is the resulting iframe content, prior to submission:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo" contenteditable="false">
	<div>
		<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="316" mozallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" src="https://embed.ted.com/talks/mary_maker_why_educating_refugees_matters" webkitallowfullscreen="" width="560"></iframe>
	</div>
</div>

The AllowedIFrameBases contains embed-ssl.ted.com and not embed.ted.com

I suspect that TED recently changed their returned embed code on their oembed endpoint, and embed.ted.com now needs to be added to the AllowediFrameBases list supported by IPS.

Note: if a user has "Can post HTML" permission via group membership then they won't see this problem (I am not suggesting that you use that as a workaround right now)

Here is a quick plugin that should assist with the problem until IPS resolves it - log a ticket, direct them to this post.

(NE) TED workaround.xml

Thanks, I will try that!

EDIT: Worked perfectly!

Archived