Viewing club contents as an Admin

MorLenka

26 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

You could create a custom stream.

How do I create a custom stream without specific clubs/forums? 

It would be nice though not to be forced to view content from all clubs as an admin, since there is a lot of private content in there, which I would rather be without. I guess another way could be to remove my active user from admin group and have a separate admin, but would rather not have to do that.

Hm, It doesn't work here anyway atm. I apply changes and save as new stream, but the changes don't get applied. I see all topics from all forums, and next time I click in the narrow by forum, all the forums I chose are gone. Maybe that's a different thread. 

But never mind, it doesn't really seem like the best solution for me anyway, although I appreciate the help!

11 minutes ago, MorLenka said:

Hm, It doesn't work here anyway atm. I apply changes and save as new stream, but the changes don't get applied. I see all topics from all forums, and next time I click in the narrow by forum, all the forums I chose are gone. Maybe that's a different thread. 

But never mind, it doesn't really seem like the best solution for me anyway, although I appreciate the help!

This was a bug which is fixed for an upcoming release:)

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

This was a bug which is fixed for an upcoming release:)

OK; that's good to know at least.

And no chance of not having to view all the content from clubs that I am not a member of, as a setting? I am used to the old Member Teams Mod, which worked a lot like Clubs, but as default I only saw the content of teams I was a member of so this is really hard for me to get used to. It's none of my business private stuff in there, kind of.

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

You're the admin.  Everything is your business.  

I disagree (regarding my board and business anyway). I've been the Admin for 15 years now and had the private forums for (paying) members for 10 years. My experience with this, is that the forums are best with the owners in charge and private for those end their members - it's their own place on the board and a lot of them are using it for really sensitive information with a smaller group, for example about mental health, personal conflicts etc. I should of course be able to see the content if really necessary (and not without warning if you ask me), but reading it every day as part of my ordinary user experience on my board does not feel right. I avoid it manually for now. 

Archived