Does IPS use any kind of PHP framework?

Tom S.

Now that I finally figured out the framework IPS uses, I am happy with it. Very few things I'd even suggest.

Mostly just a few areas where too much work has to be done to change something simple because of things done in the middle of methods where you can't change them without redoing the whole method.

And the only other area I can think of is I wish our individual form validation checks had the whole $row available to them. So basically IPS do all of their validating on everything first, then look for our individual validation checks, where all data from the whole row is already formatted and ready for comparisons without it having to be done in the main loop instead.

Otherwise, I can't think of any real limitations that affected me.

6 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

And the only other area I can think of is I wish our individual form validation checks had the whole $row available to them. 

That’s already possibel:) You can just pass whatevever you need and want to the anonymous validation function.

44 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

That’s already possibel:) You can just pass whatevever you need and want to the anonymous validation function.

When I said $row, I really meant an array of all form input data after IPB does their own validation of it. So, in other words, not data that we would already have that could be passed by us to it, but IPB returning data to that one.

You know how it already returns the value of that input to our anonymous function? I meant return an array of all form data. As it is now, we must either compare the value to request data or wait until the main validation loop to compare values from different form inputs.

Archived