User Posts in Topic

Thanks, works as described.

One small issue though - it breaks my custom theme (one of ehren's). I know that usually plugins are supported only against the default theme, but I believe you can make the modification easily. You insert directly the <a> tag, while the buttons are within a <ul> list. I think all that is needed is to wrap the <a> tag in <li> and it will work. I edited the file manually and it seems to work on my custom theme, also the quote and multiquote buttons next to it are also wrapped by default in <li> tags, thats what gave me the hint. 

Thanks again, I think my members will love it!

26 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I have the same issue in my theme, also one of ehrens themes. I really appreciate this plugin! 

I’ll try to fix in a few minutes but I’m not sure I will be able. Probably tomorrow in the morning. 

26 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I have this topic with 4400 posts. Would it be possible for a user to have a link in their signature to their posts in that spesific topic?

The link is the topic_url/&do=userPosts&mid=member_id

Example: ...index.php?/topic/999-topic-title/&do=userPosts&mid=1

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of buying this plugin but I would like to know if it has the following functionality: for example: a topic of 100 pages is given. This topic has been attended by 10 users, I will call it simple a, b, c .... At one time I will choose to display user posts named "b". Now the interesting part follows: let's assume that I click on a user post "b", after this action opens the page, let's assume number 25, where is the post of this user ??? Or is this plugin just displaying all user posts "b"?

6 hours ago, donpetru said:

I was thinking of buying this plugin but I would like to know if it has the following functionality: for example: a topic of 100 pages is given. This topic has been attended by 10 users, I will call it simple a, b, c .... At one time I will choose to display user posts named "b". Now the interesting part follows: let's assume that I click on a user post "b", after this action opens the page, let's assume number 25, where is the post of this user ??? Or is this plugin just displaying all user posts "b"?

If the user B has 30 posts, then you will see 2 pages of posts from this user (1 page with 25 posts {default setting value} and another page with 5. Just like the topic. The difference is that all posts will be from same person. 

6 hours ago, David T. Cole said:

What's difference between the core post/post container template and the filtered view here that these templates in the plugin need to be recreated wholesale?

As appears in second screenshot, you cannot reply when viewing a member list of posts, so the Quote button won’t be there too and there's a new button to list the “regular” topic (all posts from all users).

7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

If the user B has 30 posts, then you will see 2 pages of posts from this user (1 page with 25 posts {default setting value} and another page with 5. Just like the topic. The difference is that all posts will be from same person. 

Thanks for the explanations but this plugin I would really see it useful if I could identify the real page of the topic where the user named "b" made his post, for exemple: no.25. 

So, reform my scenario mentioned with a post previous: think of a 100-page topic, each page having 15 posts. In this topic, let's say, ten users briefly named: a, b, c ... At one point I would like to add a reply referring to a topic page where user "b" said the word, is just an example: "Wow". I now use your plugin and see all posts of user "b" as you said. Suppose that 10 pages are displayed with the user's posts "b". On page no.4 I find the post that interests me with the word "Wow". Now, I want to find the real page of that post? How do I do that? Or can not I do that? From what you told me, it looks like I can not find the real page! If so, the plugin is not very useful.

I have absolutely no need to know to know in which page a post is because it can simply vary for a non moderator user: you can have a 10 pages topic that shows only 7 to a user due to hidden posts, etc. So link the page #10 for those who can view #7 is not very accurate and will end up on a error. You can also link any post directly. 

So no, it doesn’t do that and won’t do, as I don’t see any sense on it.

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I have absolutely no need to know to know in which page a post is because it can simply vary for a non moderator user: you can have a 10 pages topic that shows only 7 to a user due to hidden posts, etc. So link the page #10 for those who can view #7 is not very accurate and will end up on a error. You can also link any post directly. 

So no, it doesn’t do that and won’t do, as I don’t see any sense on it.

Adriano, is your point of view and I respect. But, think that there are topics with over 100 pages (for example, some topics on diyaudio.com, even if it does not use IPS software). 

When talking about the topic with so many pages   at a certain time, suppose, I want to refer to a specific post of a particular user. It's much easier to post the topic page URL than to quote that post user because in case of multi-page discussions, when referring to a previous post, many users want to read that page by seeing or reviewing some reactions of users to that post from particular topic page. 

I don't know if you understand, but I have participated in such discussions on many pages and I realize what would be really useful. For this reason, I considered it necessary to make that observation regarding that plugin.

8 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

post.thumb.jpg.1c26cf9be82de4c3ced1e7392a4b8378.jpg

Use that link and you will be redirected to user post

That link shares user posting but that's not what I wanted! I would like that after applying Adriano Faria's plugin, I can easily find a page of the topic where a certain user made a certain post. In fact, in my previous post I think I was as clear as possible!

Edited by donpetru