Blog categories...again

LiquidFractal

25 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Yes, please. Without categories, it doesn't take many blogs for things to become unwieldy.

Exactly.  Quite honestly, while I love what's been done with Blogs so far, if they can't be organised into Categories they just list as some amorphous mass...:blink:

To use my own situation as an example, I have a series of public and user blogs but I'd also like a separate private Category with which to organise my Client (b)logs.

Edited by liquidfractal

13 hours ago, Joel R said:

Are you all asking for categories for blogs? Or categories within a blog?

Both, really. Although categories for blogs is more or a priority for my site's needs.

8 hours ago, AlexWright said:

For blogs, would be nice. We use ours as a Literature area. So having Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc. would be nice.

This is exactly the same way we use blogs. We really need a way to categorize and/or sort the main list by topic or genre. I'd also love to see custom fields for blogs, but that's for another topic.

Categories within blogs are also a great idea. Ideally, this would be controlled by permissions so we could disable it by user group.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would like this functionality too. I think this can be done using Pages though. Like how it is being done on the IPS News page using blogs. https://invisioncommunity.com/news

How to replicate something like this? I don't know at the moment. Maybe I will try to hire someone to make a custom blog page for me.

Edited by JoshB84

17 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

That's because it's Pages they use there, not Blogs.

I see what you mean now. I assumed they were using pages somehow to organize their blog post using tags on a custom page.

Edited by JoshB84

• 1 month later...