Remember "Invision Client Area Email Address"

OctoDev

It would be really useful to have a plugin that would remember the "Invision Client Area Email Address" & "Invision Client Area Account Password" when selecting upgrade or whatever.

For people like me, that have 32 character long random password it'd save time. The process for me to get this information is by opening up LastPass and manually finding it, me and many others would like this information to be saved there already. A hook or plugin for this would be awesome!

F1miywZ.png

lastpass is the perfect solution, it wouldn't be safe storing this data unless it was encrypted, in which case that is exactly what lastpass is for. 

All you need to do is manually click this below, select the lastpass item and you're done.

Remember_Invision_Client_Area_Email_Addr

19 hours ago, Rhett said:

lastpass is the perfect solution, it wouldn't be safe storing this data unless it was encrypted, in which case that is exactly what lastpass is for. 

All you need to do is manually click this below, select the lastpass item and you're done.

Remember_Invision_Client_Area_Email_Addr

The login details that are in this screenshot is actually from my forum it self. Not from invisioncommunity.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Yeah, but I was hoping someone could make a plugin so other admins can also upgrade without sharing details.

I understand the request, but the plugin already exist... it's called lastpass or onepassword, they both work great for this and are a browser plugin, it's not something on our side in this case.  ?  

22 minutes ago, Rhett said:

I understand the request, but the plugin already exist... it's called lastpass or onepassword, they both work great for this and are a browser plugin, it's not something on our side in this case.  ?  

Completely ignored the fact that I said that I want to let other admins upgrade, without sharing my login details for InvisionPower. 

I was more thinking third party plugin, a hook that someone could make quiet easily I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Completely ignored the fact that I said that I want to let other admins upgrade, without sharing my login details for InvisionPower. 

I was more thinking third party plugin, a hook that someone could make quiet easily I'm sure.

You can do this with lastpass!  ?  uncheck the ability for them to view the password when sharing the login with them. 

lastpass.jpg

2 hours ago, Rhett said:

You can do this with lastpass!  ?  uncheck the ability for them to view the password when sharing the login with them. 

lastpass.jpg

I'm pretty sure they can just inspect element on the website to reveal it? lol ?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

I'm pretty sure they can just inspect element on the website to reveal it? lol ?

And you don't think the same would be possible with the use of a plugin? ?

Try to upgrade your "pretty sure" to "100% sure" before you disregard the suggestion that has been made - test your "pretty sure" by trying it out.

We (company I work for) use lastpass all the time to share credentials without people actually knowing what they are.....it's a good method.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

And you don't think the same would be possible with the use of a plugin? ?

Try to upgrade your "pretty sure" to "100% sure" before you disregard the suggestion that has been made - test your "pretty sure" by trying it out.

We (company I work for) use lastpass all the time to share credentials without people actually knowing what they are.....it's a good method.

No, they could make the plugin store it server sided instead of client sided. So they can't simply inspect it. It's pure logical thinking, if LastPass fills out the information you can inspect element to change "password" into "text".

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

If you do not trust your admins that would be upgrading your community, that you share the lastpass login with, you should perhaps re-think that choice. 

I see your point, however, you would be better off requesting this from a third party, it's not likely to happen on our side imo. 

Thanks for your feedback

12 hours ago, Rhett said:

If you do not trust your admins that would be upgrading your community, that you share the lastpass login with, you should perhaps re-think that choice. 

I see your point, however, you would be better off requesting this from a third party, it's not likely to happen on our side imo. 

Thanks for your feedback

I'm pretty sure it's against the community guidelines to share your account details on here though? So it's not about trust either. The request was for third party, maybe I posted it in wrong forum?=

Archived