CSS help please

Steve Bullman

38 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Hi, I don't suppose someone could point me in the right direction on something please?

I am trying to add a white transparent background to the excerp to make the text stand out a bit better but cannot work out what the selector is?  I have tried all sorts.

Thanks in advance!

https://arbtalk.co.uk/arborist-reviews/

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 16.46.39.png

Looks like there is already some css added inline for that and other areas ... did you add it ?

Afraid making changes to that will also make same changes to all the other blocks with text in it

If can live with other areas having same background behind the text then try adding into custom.css

.SG_image_container em {
  background: rgba(255,255,255,0.7);
}

otherwise as @opentype mentioned .. have to add your own class for that particular block

3 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Looks like there is already some css added inline for that and other areas ... did you add it ?

Afraid making changes to that will also make same changes to all the other blocks with text in it

If can live with other areas having same background behind the text then try adding into custom.css

.SG_image_container em {
  background: rgba(255,255,255,0.7);
}

otherwise as @opentype mentioned .. have to add your own class for that particular block

Just tried adding that css and it did nothing, but thanks for trying!

i'll see if I can work out opentypes suggestion

9 minutes ago, opentype said:

There probably is none

That would explain why I couldn't find it then ?

i'll take a look at your suggestion, thanks

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

copy and pasted it into custom css just as you said.  Its saved now, still not change on the front end.

1817237451_ScreenShot2018-07-24at17_42_39.png.5155ef047cbce17443ad029eee81720f.png

why adding to media screen that would be for mobile or something ... try adding before any @media screen

.SG_image_container div > div em {
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.48);
    color: #fff;
    border-radius: 4px;
}

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

copy and pasted it into custom css just as you said.  Its saved now, still not change on the front end.

1817237451_ScreenShot2018-07-24at17_42_39.png.5155ef047cbce17443ad029eee81720f.png

It doesn't work because you added in the media query 

move it up or before the @media screen

7 minutes ago, steve00 said:

why adding to media screen that would be for mobile or something ... try adding before any @media screen

6 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

.SG_image_container div > div em {
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.48);
    color: #fff;
    border-radius: 4px;
}

It doesn't work because you added in the media query 

move it up or before the @media screen

bugger.  The media css is for something completely different and I forgot to add the double brace at the end.  Well spotted thanks.

It works now ?

Archived