Our Picks Lifespan / Longevity

jtomelevage

It would be nice to be able to set a lifespan/longevity of the "Our Picks" activity page items.  I think 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc. would be useful.

It was pointed out to me by your support that the "Our Picks" are permanent and I was given a link to Invision Power Services own Our Picks page:

https://invisioncommunity.com/ourpicks/

But do you think anyone dives 4 pages deep to see that content?  If I go to the last page (4) I see content from May 2017 at the time I write this in July 2018 so I assume you are manually maintaining this page.  It would be nice to be able to have items a year or more old auto-removed - but relevant items should be able to be re-added if desired, or a "Never Expires" option.

John

You shouldn't think of Our Picks as a repository of content.  You should think if it as promotion and you're constantly pushing new content in front of your users.  Older content will naturally get pushed down as you push newer content, so I'm not sure what benefit pruning older (but still interesting) content will do? 

You're also able to re-promote evergreen content for items of recurring interest.  

Archived