Quick request if you have 2 minutes...

Matt

Hi Joel,

Please do not post these names.

We looked at Drupal Commons, OpenSocial (early version), OpenAtrium, SharePoint and I think one or two others. There were a number of reasons, but the primary was the level of foundational development work which was needed to have any hope of attracting and retaining members through core functionality and features.

Hey, I loved your article on providing true value to Members. Good job on your thought-leadership and good writing, too. I wholeheartedly agree.

Phil

On 7/19/2018 at 7:44 AM, Matt said:

We're finally getting around to creating books and guides to help new customers get comfortable on the Invision Community platform.

Thanks Matt, Looking forward to them. 

Screencasts (tutorials) work great too if you have the time. 

Or If you create a place to put them I'd be happy to record my screen as I learn and then post what I've learned for others.

I've been using WP for years and my frustraction with Invision is the User (me) lol.  I know it's just another learning curve I have to go through, I'm guessing the frustration is an age thing 🙂

Looking forward to finishing my site.  I know the real work will come later (I listened to the last podcast interview you did and enjoyed and found it very informative - Thanks)

Soon, I'll give you an awesome sound bite ... soon, but probably not soon enough.  

FYI, I've been searching for years for software like this and I gave WPMU Dev a ton of money over the years as well other plugin and theme companies.  I almost signed up over the past year with Brilliant Directories (came very close) and Member Mouse, MemberPress and others from Theme Forest.  Just as I was about to go click (with the visa) something stopped me and you guys showed up on the next google search and so far I'm glad you did.  I like what I see 

Cheers! 

Carpenters Club

• 1 month later...

For me Invision Community is the software I started using way back when the version number was 1.x. It's constantly improved, reliable and easily extendable. You can build what you need without programming knowledge using resources on the Marketplace, advice on on official forums and help from really supportive community. That paired with quick, proffessional and reliable support makes it a solution which is a pleasure to use for both the users and the staff.

(Suffice to say I've tested phpbb and various modifications, smf, vb... stuck with Invision, even when it went commercial I've bit the bullet and bought the license - never regretted it.)

• 1 month later...

I'm in this for the long haul. I came to Invision when I realized, pretty quickly, that free options are wholly unsuitable for the longevity I need. When your "free" forum disappears after all you've put into it, you'll have absolutely no recourse. With a paid option there is accountability. Invision has stability and a track record you can count on.

@Matt,Hopefully that's one more you can use. I'd really like to see that promised pic!

• 5 weeks later...

"Invision Community software has allowed us to turn our forum into a thriving community. An amazing feature rich experience with professional support and innovative first party extensions gives us piece of mind that our community will continue to grow for years to come." - mymilitia.com

• 2 months later...

The Invision Community software has enabled us to Envision, and then deliver, a secure collaboration space with abundant features and elegance.  Our users love the interface. We have created a seemless integration of 4x databases and over 4000 dynamically presented pages into an intuitive and user friendly site.

Ronald Nielson

https://www.goancestry.com

Edited by GoAncestry

• 2 weeks later...

I trialled another (free) forum software (phpbb) for a year alongside Invision Community software in 2011, and looked at many others. I decided to go with the self-hosted, paid version of Invision Community. We now have over 2,000 members, but that's not the impressive aspect. Invision Community allowed us to build one of the largest (and perhaps the largest) repository of free information on stretching, flexibility, and mobility available anywhere on the net, and we built a thriving community organically in the process. Sincere thanks.

Kit Laughlin

https://kitlaughlin.com/forums