Clubs | Feature Requests

USCJ Digital

I work for a non-profit religious organization that serves 600 congregations in North America. Once of the reasons we choose Invision to host our community engagement platform is the clubs feature. Our hope is that the leaders of our congregations will not only participate in our "open" forums, but create spaces for their own leadership teams using the clubs feature.

With that in mind, there are two suggestions/features we would love to see added to clubs:

1. The ability for club owners to re-order tabs, and
  2. The ability for club owners to limit permissions as to who can upload resources in a "files" tab. At this time, it appears any member of a club can upload resources to a "files" tab, but it would be great if each "files" tab could be set to allow only leaders/owners/moderators to upload files or have it open to any member of the club.

For example, a club owner might want a "files" tab can have only curated/organization-sanctioned files, and another "files" tab in the club where members can freely share with one another.

Thank you for your consideration!

Howard A. Goldberg | Digital Community Manager, USCJ

@Joel R ... thank you for that information! I will check it out. That said, I do think the functionality should be built into the platform itself (ideally). :cool:

The more significant issue is having a permissions schema for the "files" tabs of clubs. That is going to be a feature we will get many requests for.

6 minutes ago, USCJ Digital said:

The more significant issue is having a permissions schema for the "files" tabs of clubs. That is going to be a feature we will get many requests for.

Edited 5 minutes ago by USCJ Digital

It is, since the begging, believe. But if you’re a club member, you’re allowed to submit content. Anywhere in the club. No permission there. 

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is, since the begging, believe. But if you’re a club member, you’re allowed to submit content. Anywhere in the club. No permission there. 

Read my original feature request/suggestion: It would be good if club owners could set permissions for files tabs in clubs. In other words, right now, any member of a club can upload a resource in a file tab of a club they belong to. I am saying that it would be great if a club owner could limit upload permissions (per tab) to only owner/moderators/leaders.

Archived