Pages SuperReviews (Support Topic)

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, jair101 said:

In mode 3 what happens if there are, for example 100 reviews for one item? Is there a "Read all.." type of link to point to the full list or all of them are listed within the description of the main item?

No. The rating values are shown as summary and for the reviews shown with text there are two settings: Number to Show and ordering as Latest Reviews or Random Reviews. 

32 minutes ago, opentype said:

No. The rating values are shown as summary and for the reviews shown with text there are two settings: Number to Show and ordering as Latest Reviews or Random Reviews. 

Thanks. I am interested in mode 3, but I anticipate many reviews and it is not practical to list all of them. A combination between few recent reviews+link to all of them would be perfect if this is possible. 

• 1 month later...

Ok thanks

I am setting up mode three.

I a database for product called - Review Items

I have a database for user reviews called - Review Users

I can't see anywhere in the Review users database to complete this part:

Add a database relationship field to your Pages database holding the reviews. As target
select the database holding the items being reviewed. Activate the Cross link records checkbox.
On the Display Options tab, write a custom template key that starts with
“SuperReviewLink_”, e.g. “SuperReviewLink_restaurant”.

This is where I am getting confused.

I don't have anything in the default list so I click Create new and get whole lot of options I need to fill out and am not sure what I need to select for field settings and the other settings option. Do I leave them all at default?

Plus I cannot see an option named crosslink records checkbox anywhere on the settings page or in the dropdown field for types. There is a checkbox and checkbox set, but nothing called crosslink records checkbox

Finally getting our heads around this - we think

We have a database for leagues now:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/league_reviews/leagues/test-league-r1/

The user reviews are in the separate database which does not look right as in the listing it is showing the name for the crosslink field and the header image.

https://www.walkingfootball.com/usereviewsforwalkingfootballleagues/review/

Do we have to send members to that separate user review database page to add the review?

Cannot we add an option to them to add a review directly from the review section itself somehow?

Thanks

Once we crack that the next question would be do we need to have a separate review items database for each one such as leagues, tournaments, clubs

Or can we create categories in the main review items database so we only have 1 database for those, and then separate user review databases for each one. Or do we need to pair them all separately?

Thanks again

25 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

The user reviews are in the separate database which does not look right as in the listing it is showing the name for the crosslink field and the header image.

That’s correct this way. You can turn off the black background if you want in the field settings. I would also recommend to make that field required, so every review has to have linked entry being reviewed. 
Showing the field makes sense for the listing view, since the rest of the review (title, images) doesn’t necessarily show WHAT is being reviewed. 

Do we have to send members to that separate user review database page to add the review?

Yes. Put a link somewhere. In the sub-menu, the sidebar, wherever. You can directly link to the form to create a new review record. 

Or can we create categories in the main review items database so we only have 1 database for those, and then separate user review databases for each one.

Sure, you can use categories. You can use anything that Pages can do. That’s the beauty of building this on top of Pages. 😉

6 minutes ago, opentype said:

You can turn off the black background if you want in the field settings.

Can you confirm which field I need to edit this setting please - I tried the description field but that does not remove it

Thanks,

Also if I use categories and a separate user review database for each category

I need to make each custom template unique in each user review database every time? for example - for each overall 5 star rating for each category?

IE - SuperReviewRating_quality_leagues

SuperReviewRating_quality_tournamets

SuperReviewRating_quality_clubs

etc?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Can you confirm which field I need to edit this setting please - I tried the description field but that does not remove it

It’s the database relationship field. 

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I need to make each custom template unique in each user review database every time? for example - for each overall 5 star rating for each category?

I don’t know much about your site or the stuff you want to review. If different objects need different review options, then you either need to:
– use categories in your reviews database and turn different fields per category on and off
– or use different databases for the reviews. 

Sorry, I was talking about the black background of the database link field. 

The header area can’t be changed. It’s up to you to turn on the Record Image field for the review database. If you do that, people can add a main image for each review and that will appear in that header area. If there is no image, it will look like it does now. As you can see here on my demo site:
https://www.opentype.space/mode3reviews/

Brilliant - thank you for all of your help.

I think I am on my last question.

We are going to do the one items database and use categories

So we have our main item reviews section now here:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/reviews/

We are going to start with 2 user reviews databases

1 for leagues: https://www.walkingfootball.com/usereviewsforwalkingfootballleagues/walking-football-league-review/

1 for tournaments: https://www.walkingfootball.com/user-reviews-forwalking-footballl-tournament-reviews/

Could you please tell what and where I have to add /edit in order for these two databases to point to their relevant category in the main items review database?

7 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Could you please tell what and where I have to add /edit in order for these two databases to point to their relevant category in the main items review database?

The instructions stay the same. You can cross-link it however you like really. You can combine different review object trough categories or keep them separate through individual databases. Depends on how you want to present that on your site. And you can have the actual reviews in separate databases or in one separated through categories. All possible. 

I just need to know the following config:

I currently have User Reviews For Walking Football Leagues  with a database relationship pointing to the main database reviews

How do I change it so it points to a category instead, within that database so we can cross link to a category instead?

We can then replicate this within the other review databases and point each one  to the relevant category within the main reviews database.

Or it configured differently and if so what do I need to do?

Thanks

Edited by Unlucky
5 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

How do I change it so it points to a category instead …

You don’t. You can only point to the entire database as described in the instructions. This can both be an advantage or disadvantage for your specific case. If it gets too complex for you with the categories, you don’t have to use them and just create always 2 database for each review topic. 

I think I see what I need to do

OK so I point both user review databases to the main review database

But what do I need to do to make sure the correct user review is linked to the correct category?

Or is there no configuration needed?

Edited by Unlucky

OK totally confused even more now sorry.

Earlier you said we could use categories in reply to our question.

we asked the following question:

4 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Or can we create categories in the main review items database so we only have 1 database for those, and then separate user review databases for each one. Or do we need to pair them all separately?

You replied with the following answer:

3 hours ago, opentype said:

Sure, you can use categories. You can use anything that Pages can do. That’s the beauty of building this on top of Pages. 😉

So we have gone ahead and configured it exactly as per in the question following your reply where you answered: sure, you can use categories...

This is what we need your help with completing in order for it to work correctly.

At the moment this is not working and we need your help please to fix.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Earlier you said we could use categories in reply to our question.

Yes, you can use categories. That is still correct. But you keep asking about “linking a category”, which I keep telling you is not possible. Databases are linked. The process of connecting your two 2 databases does not change at all just because you use categories.