Geolocation Firewall (Support)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 2:49 AM, MaNiAc LRSC said:

Updated today with Germany on the whitelist and whitelist activated, same error "Registrations are currently disabled".

I apologies for the delay, that looks correct. Just to rule out something simple first, there are no white spaces after the word Germany?

On 2/2/2021 at 11:25 AM, Noble~ said:

if a duplicate IP is detected is there a setting to stop a user from signing up ?

No it's just logging the duplicate ip for you. I can look at adding a blocking feature in the future.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 3:29 AM, HDiddy said:

Hi the app is great but it seems to mark new registration accounts as duplicate IP's since the guest account and new account will show up under the same IP.  Is there any way to resolve this?

Are you using the very latest version, this was a bug but should be fixed now.

18 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Are you using the very latest version, this was a bug but should be fixed now.

I am.  When I click the tab for more than 1 hit, these are the ones I want to create a post on notifying the admins. However post are created on everything including the ones with just 1 hit which for the most part are the new registration accounts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, HDiddy said:

I am.  When I click the tab for more than 1 hit, these are the ones I want to create a post on notifying the admins. However post are created on everything including the ones with just 1 hit which for the most part are the new registration accounts.

So I've just tested a few new normal registrations and then a guest post and wasn't able to reproduce this. It only logged 1 instance for the member.

Do you have any further steps to reproduce this? Or would it be possible to look at your forums directly?

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, Mario52188 said:

When the application is enabled the registration page will not load, I have attached a screen shot of the issue below.

Do you have any errors in the logs? See acp > system tab > get support > logs.

I assume you are using the latest version of IPB too?

• 4 months later...

@Michael.J

I've been using this for the last few weeks. The firewall works well when accounts are created via standard registration form, but NOT if someone creates an account via single sign-on such as Google. It appears that SSO accounts completely evade the geolocation firewall.

I am using this to block spammers located in certain countries, but people in these countries can evade this by simply using Google login. I can't disable Google login because many legitimate accounts on my forum already use this method.

Is there any way this could be fixed / worked around?

Edited by TheLlamaman