Geolocation Firewall (Support)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a site that is just for Aussies, so to block everyone else it would mean I would have to enter every single other country in the world and block each one...is this correct?

Also the duplicate IP address system I presume would not be very accurate at all as anything mobile is continually getting new IP addresses here.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, Thomas P said:

Is there a method apart from guest post registrations and duplicate IPs which are tracked? 🙂

I've sent you a PM with a test edit to try.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:32 PM, ibaker said:

I have a site that is just for Aussies, so to block everyone else it would mean I would have to enter every single other country in the world and block each one...is this correct?

There is a new "Whitelist only?" setting in the firewall settings that will allow you to just add Australia as a country and every else will be blocked automatically.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:32 PM, ibaker said:

Also the duplicate IP address system I presume would not be very accurate at all as anything mobile is continually getting new IP addresses here.

There might be a possible bug above with false alerts that I'm working on.... And I guess ip addresses can be faked if a user really wants to get around it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, AlexJ said:

Can you make it so that geolocation service is not required and it works on IP being used by user's itself? Also possible to add support for CIDR ? 

Do you have another geolocation service in mind? The IPS one is already built in and easy to access and reliable.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, loccom said:

hi michael, will this app be updated for the new IPB version coming soon?

On 8/31/2020 at 6:22 PM, ibaker said:

Hi Michael, I also need to know when this app is likely to be updated for v4.5? My site depends entirely on this as it is only for Australian users and is holding up my jump to v4.5...thanks

This has since been updated for anyone else waiting.

• 1 month later...

I installed plug in and then set to whitelist only and then added UK and United Kindom and Ireland as countries to whitelist

Then connected to a VPN via germany it successully said "Registrations Disabled" which is cool.

When i disconnected back to the UK i then try to sign up and got the following see attachment

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.07.00.png

On 11/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, loccom said:

I installed plug in and then set to whitelist only and then added UK and United Kindom and Ireland as countries to whitelist

Then connected to a VPN via germany it successully said "Registrations Disabled" which is cool.

When i disconnected back to the UK i then try to sign up and got the following see attachment

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.07.00.png

@Michael.J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

installed at IPB latest version.

I activated the Whitelist and allowed the following countries:

image.png.f95e1b78cfcd8a7cd21c662499f2bd31.png

"Show Reason" is activated.

1st Bug:

So i logged out and tried to register.

-> Popup "Registrations are curently disabled" appears

Now i disabled the "Enable?" switch

-> Popup "Registrations are curently disabled" still appears

Now i disabled the whole Application

-> Regsitration now possible

1st Bug:     =>> "Enable?" Switch not working properly.

2nd Bug:   =>> "Germany" doesn't work in the Whitelist

Thanks for your help!

On 12/7/2020 at 7:33 AM, MaNiAc LRSC said:

I activated the Whitelist and allowed the following countries:

Did you also adjust the whitelist setting in the settings area for this app?

On 12/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, loccom said:

@Michael.J Still having same issue. Also when i went to update it says its already up to date, have you pushed out the update??

IPS rejected the update for some reason... If this is urgent, I can send you the files manually but you will need to uninstall and re-install as a custom app.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 2:18 AM, Michael.J said:

I've released another update that should hopefully be approved soon.

Updated today with Germany on the whitelist and whitelist activated, same error "Registrations are currently disabled".

Did i use the right country names? 

image.thumb.png.7b55671689b226edbf87b56887c1e689.png

image.thumb.png.b0db058aaa9d0b0291561dcb75f601af.png

image.thumb.png.f6cc7653381222e05ca47b24850a0e5b.png

image.png.7018523b551d706354ab28bf8303b30d.png

Edited by MaNiAc LRSC