Geolocation Firewall (Support)

Setup registration blocks or require admin validation for members from certain countries, ip addresses or ip address ranges. Log duplicate ip addresses for different accounts.

Features

• Block visitors signing up from selected countries, state, city, ip address & ip address range. (Geolocation accuracy is dependent on IPB4 itself)
  • Require admin validation from visitors signing up from selected countries, state, city, ip address & ip address range. (Geolocation accuracy is dependent on IPB4 itself)
  • Wild card support for matching an exact or partial match.
  • Log duplicate ip addresses for visitors who register multiple member accounts with the same ip address.
  • Show registration blocks to members or hide with generic signups disabled message.

Is their anything else which we you can use besides IP for finding duplicate users? A while back, one addon used Flash cookie to detect duplicate users. Any other option other then IP? Also this one works with IPv4 and IPv6? 

1 hour ago, AlexJ said:

Is their anything else which we you can use besides IP for finding duplicate users? A while back, one addon used Flash cookie to detect duplicate users. Any other option other then IP? Also this one works with IPv4 and IPv6? 

Only ip's currently but I'm open to suggestions. Flash might not be a good long term approach but maybe cookies.

I didn't specifically test with with IPv6 but the database and code supports it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, DanInMS said:

Dumb question...I have two new members who signed up who showed up as duplicate IP's but when I look them or the IP's reported up I don't see any other members listed with that IP.  Am I missing something ? 

Do you have the delete option used in the spam monitoring tool at all? It may have deleted the account due to the account being flagged as a likely spammer.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, DanInMS said:

Had another new account sign up but this time I found an inactive member by searching the IP. Is it possible to have it show the duplicate account on the notification ?

The new post "notification" or another notification in IPB? Could you just clarify this please?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

As I read Geolocation accuracy is dependent on IPB4 itself. What I want to ask is, if this service needs active IPS license as my license has been expired on January, and I'm not sure if I'll renew it.

If not, then seems that something does not works well in my installation. For testing purposes, I've blocked my country (Greece), but still anybody from Greece can register.

Thank you

Chris

Edited by ChrisTERiS
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 5:00 AM, ChrisTERiS said:

Can it also restrict visitors or only registrations? eg I want visitors from specific countries to get a message "Sorry, this site is not available to your country".

Currently on registrations but visits is something I can look at adding if there's enough demand for it.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, ChrisTERiS said:

As I read Geolocation accuracy is dependent on IPB4 itself. What I want to ask is, if this service needs active IPS license as my license has been expired on January, and I'm not sure if I'll renew it.

If not, then seems that something does not works well in my installation. For testing purposes, I've blocked my country (Greece), but still anybody from Greece can register.

Yes the Gelocation service IPS offers appear to require an active license. This is not something I'm likely to circumvent as the included solution works well.

But if you don't intend to renew your license, I can offer a refund for you.

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 11:34 PM, Mike John said:

So a list of the previous members that match the same ip address as the new member logged? Yes possible but not with the current version. I've noted this for a future version however.

I think a link to the ModCP IP tools in the post content would be sufficient, i.e. to /modcp/ip-tools/?ip=a.b.c.d

When changing the post content in the Geofirewall settings using https://www.example.org/modcp/ip-tools/?ip={member_ip} unfortunately does not work, as the variable's brackets are converted into %7B and %7D...

@Mike John Just realized that "Post before Registering" from v4.4 seems to trigger an entry in the duplicate Log, one for the Guest and one for the registered member.

When looking at the IP in the ACP IP Address Tools there is no history for that IP, all data is from today.

Could you please verify the issue?

Thank you,
Thomas

duplicate_notice.png

duplicate_error2.png

Edited by Thomas P
On 5/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, Thomas P said:

When changing the post content in the Geofirewall settings using https://www.example.org/modcp/ip-tools/?ip={member_ip} unfortunately does not work, as the variable's brackets are converted into %7B and %7D...

Yeah it's a bit of an annoyance. If you don't mind testing, I can put together a file edit you can apply that adds a new quick tag? Something like {member_ip_link} to link directly to the ip tools page.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Thomas P said:

When looking at the IP in the ACP IP Address Tools there is no history for that IP, all data is from today.

Are you seeing any duplicates in the "core_members" database directly? See the ip_address field.

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Yeah it's a bit of an annoyance. If you don't mind testing, I can put together a file edit you can apply that adds a new quick tag? Something like {member_ip_link} to link directly to the ip tools page.

Sure, if I can help 👍

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Are you seeing any duplicates in the "core_members" database directly? See the ip_address field.

Not for the a.m. user named 'Talo": I find only one entry.

Please have a look

duplicates.thumb.png.6c399a47f1c5c0ccf0ba9f0503c70029.png