Chocolate / Support topic

Heosforo

2 hours ago, Fawk said:

The footer Links title and Description still doesn't update when I change it

I can not reproduce this, I have updated  the demo site and is working well.

Please try cleaning your site cache:
Admincp -->
Support --> Something isn't working correctly --> Go.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Heosforo said:

I can not reproduce this, I have updated  the demo site and is working well.

Please try cleaning your site cache:
Admincp -->
Support --> Something isn't working correctly --> Go.

Thanks mate, that fixed it ?

I will test out the other stuff later.

10 hours ago, Heosforo said:

Great ?, let me know if you need anything else.

I'm still setting it up. So far I found the logo when on mobile, it will be stretched.

The profile page looks excellent and the stick sidebar is fantastic. I think once the sidebar reaches the footer, it should not overlap the footer, rather it anchors at the footer so the footer won't get blocked. What do you think?

image.thumb.png.18342a7a952100bb79f26eb6e4a876ed.png

This is a suggestion to consider - Top post banner will go away after member logs in, maybe enable normal slider if toggle is set to enable? Both sliders look good and useful, just thinking how to incorporate both.

4 hours ago, Fawk said:

I'm still setting it up. So far I found the logo when on mobile, it will be stretched.

The profile page looks excellent and the stick sidebar is fantastic. I think once the sidebar reaches the footer, it should not overlap the footer, rather it anchors at the footer so the footer won't get blocked. What do you think?

This is a suggestion to consider - Top post banner will go away after member logs in, maybe enable normal slider if toggle is set to enable? Both sliders look good and useful, just thinking how to incorporate both.

That is the default Sticky ipb and I could never take full advantage of it, I think I'll look for an alternative that works better.
I hope to have everything solved for the next update.

9 minutes ago, Fawk said:

Will the theme work with?

It should, I think @opentype uses default IPB classes so there's no problem.
Otherwise I can help you to figure it out.

Thanks mate, the mobile logo works perfect. The sticky blocks is not working. I don't know how to explain this. The sticky profile bar is stuck and I cannot scroll all the way to the bottom. Some profile works and some don't for some reason.

Something to consider for the future, slider shader opacity setting, the slider shader a bit too dark. Easily fixed through css, but if there was an option in the theme settings, would be helpful.

23 minutes ago, Fawk said:

The sticky blocks is not working. I don't know how to explain this. The sticky profile bar is stuck and I cannot scroll all the way to the bottom. Some profile works and some don't for some reason. 

When you scroll down it will count 500px from bottom and it will unstick to avoid this:
pic1.png.b083c2858313a1980cedb80b142659d8.png

So it is possible that in profiles with low content this happens, but it is only due to the lack of content.
Can you confirm?

Something to consider for the future, slider shader opacity setting, the slider shader a bit too dark. Easily fixed through css, but if there was an option in the theme settings, would be helpful.

No problem, I'll added this soon :wink:

10 hours ago, Heosforo said:

When you scroll down it will count 500px from bottom and it will unstick to avoid this:
pic1.png.b083c2858313a1980cedb80b142659d8.png

So it is possible that in profiles with low content this happens, but it is only due to the lack of content.
Can you confirm?

Yes it affects profiles with low content. I notice the footer is about 488px height, so actually there is enough clearance to avoid the issue.

Thanks mate, just tested it. My slider lost the opacity after I changed it to 0. When I put it to 100, its not showing me a shade. I'm guessing this is 0 to 100%?

Can the premium block have an opacity toggle as well?

The stick profile block toggle is a great idea, but I can't get it to work. I disabled it, but its still sticky.

I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.5 and I'm getting the error below. Is it safe to upgrade?

One of your themes is not compatible with the version you are upgrading to because it includes modifications to templates and/or CSS files which this version needs to update.

Fantastic support. The theme is damn near perfect. I have to remember to clear cache next time. Everything is working.

I'm still getting "One of your themes is not compatible with the version you are upgrading to because it includes modifications to templates and/or CSS files which this version needs to update."

12 minutes ago, Fawk said:

Fantastic support. The theme is damn near perfect. I have to remember to clear cache next time. Everything is working.

I'm still getting "One of your themes is not compatible with the version you are upgrading to because it includes modifications to templates and/or CSS files which this version needs to update."

Are you runing the latest IPB version? (4.3.5)
I'm running "4.3.5 beta 2" and I have not received this message.

I'll check the templates again and I'll keep you updated ?

Hello @Heosforo

Great theme, so elegant and flat(I don't know if the exactly term), I would like give opinions (or maybe requests because I would like purchase one), but sorry I have to say in spanish because I don't know how to express it with english.

1. Se ve muy bonito y expresa una sensación plana, pero una de la cosa mala de ips es no usa forma de boton para guiar al usuario que allí debe pulsar para verlo, puro link de texto, a veces el título es corto o solo es una cuantas letras, y ellí está muy poco espacio para pulsar tenienco en cuenta el hábito de usar app hoy en día, y muchas veces para los usuarios nuevos que no muy acostumbrados ese estilo de forum, simplemente pulsa el área donde se ve que es un bloque, y podría encontrar situaciones donde piensa que no responde, o le sale otra página que no es, ya que muchos otros links de textos están cerquita.

Puede usar más estilo de botón? por ejemplo Reply To This Topic, su forma y contraste de color guía a uno que es allí debe tocar para entrar. Por ejemplo entré a la página de clubs, se ve muy bonito que se eliminó la sensación de un bloque aquí y otros bloques allá, al final una sensación desenfocado ya no existe. Pero por otro lado perdió el diseño de contraste y forma, de los links que el usuario debe tocar para interactuar con la próxima página de información, si se puede aplicar algo allí para resaltar dónde debe pulsar para entrar, por ejemplo el nombre de club.

2. No soy diseñador gráfico, y a veces pregunto qué colores serían buena combinación para esa página? Podría colocar diferentes set de colores para encajar a diferentes propósitos o temas? Por ejemplo, ahora mismo chocolate se ve muy oscuro, me gustaría poder elegir opciones de colores, pero preestablecidos, así como algunos themes de Taman.

3. Multi idioma, por ejemplo el slider, mi site son para 3 o 4 idiomas, puede hacer que muestra differentes sliders de acuerdo el idioma? por ejemplo, un usuario entra con idioma chino, los sliders deben ser en chino, y cuando uno que habla español entra al sitioweb, los sliders que se muestra no deben ser en chino, sino en español.

4. Podría crear opciones de deseño de apariencia para versión móvil? Por ejemplo 1, cuando entra al forum, que se vea más grande el título (como el primer punto toca, guiar al usuario a tocar) y desactive los otros links de su alrededor, por ejemplo 2, colocar más links directos usando el espacio de navbar, por ejemplo 3, utilizar el breadcumb para que el usario tenga una visualización de dónde está en ese momento, y pueda retroceder a una ruta con mayor exactitud, ah y eliminar el original de ips, porque allí a veces no cabe ni siquiera una sola palabra.

Sorry I have to use spanish, there so many terms and things and I can not handle with english.

Hello @kmk

Thanks for your interest ?

1. Se ve muy bonito y expresa una sensación plana, pero una de la cosa mala de ips es no usa forma de boton para guiar al usuario que allí debe pulsar para verlo, puro link de texto, a veces el título es corto o solo es una cuantas letras, y ellí está muy poco espacio para pulsar tenienco en cuenta el hábito de usar app hoy en día, y muchas veces para los usuarios nuevos que no muy acostumbrados ese estilo de forum, simplemente pulsa el área donde se ve que es un bloque, y podría encontrar situaciones donde piensa que no responde, o le sale otra página que no es, ya que muchos otros links de textos están cerquita.

Could you give me an example of this? with any image maybe?
It seems a simple thing to do, but I would like to be sure.

2. No soy diseñador gráfico, y a veces pregunto qué colores serían buena combinación para esa página? Podría colocar diferentes set de colores para encajar a diferentes propósitos o temas? Por ejemplo, ahora mismo chocolate se ve muy oscuro, me gustaría poder elegir opciones de colores, pero preestablecidos, así como algunos themes de Taman.

Yes, TAMAN is damn good ?
Currently these are the options (related to color) that are available:
options.thumb.png.b96c9a4cd4ce6846310f83e1026fe1ef.png
You can play with it as you want.

Chocolate was made to be dark, so at the moment there is no option to change to a light color.
The idea sounds interesting I love white chocolate. ?

3. Multi idioma, por ejemplo el slider, mi site son para 3 o 4 idiomas, puede hacer que muestra differentes sliders de acuerdo el idioma? por ejemplo, un usuario entra con idioma chino, los sliders deben ser en chino, y cuando uno que habla español entra al sitioweb, los sliders que se muestra no deben ser en chino, sino en español.

Once I asked about this because someone asked me the same question, and I was told that this should be done through languages, since themes include their phrases for languages now.
Reference image
phrases.thumb.png.aed1dc422b93d2600d4498cac8d6f6a9.png

If you have seen that this can be done, I can try it. :happy:

4. Podría crear opciones de deseño de apariencia para versión móvil? Por ejemplo 1, cuando entra al forum, que se vea más grande el título (como el primer punto toca, guiar al usuario a tocar) y desactive los otros links de su alrededor, por ejemplo 2, colocar más links directos usando el espacio de navbar, por ejemplo 3, utilizar el breadcumb para que el usario tenga una visualización de dónde está en ese momento, y pueda retroceder a una ruta con mayor exactitud, ah y eliminar el original de ips, porque allí a veces no cabe ni siquiera una sola palabra.

Yes, in fact I really appreciate this kind of suggestions, since I'm not someone who uses mobile technology a lot, any ideas to improve this take it for granted. ?

PS: My native language is Spanish, so if you want send me a pm y charlamos. ?

I'm getting this message when trying to upgrade to 4.3.5:

Incompatible Themes

Some of your themes are not compatible with the version you are upgrading to because they include modifications to templates and/or CSS files which this version needs to update.

If you obtained the affected themes from a designer you should contact them to ask if a new version of the themes are available for this version. If there is, continue with the upgrade and then update the themes after. If there is not an update available, you may want to remove those themes or wait until new versions are available before proceeding.

If you modified the affected themes yourself, you can use the links below to review your customisations. If the customisations are no longer required, you can revert them, otherwise you will need to incorporate the changes made by the version you are upgrading to. For more details on the theme changes in this version, see the Theme Differences Documentation.

2 hours ago, Meddysong said:

I'm getting this message when trying to upgrade to 4.3.5:

1 hour ago, Herofiles ★ said:

@Meddysong - keep update the theme, and overwrite the files on the last step. ? 

Yes please. That template was already updated, only two classes were added so just overwrite ?

Archived