Community

Guest BlackBoy

xenforo 2.0 to ipb

Guest BlackBoy

i would like to know is it possible to convert xenforo 2.0 and resource manager to ipb community suite and downloads and after that can we convert the downloads into simple threads??

Hello,

There are two ways to convert to our software from Xenforo 2 with the resource manager.

Conversion Tool

The Conversion tool is free.  It doesn't alter any of the existing data but it copies and restructures the data for use with IPS. We have a guide available for converting to our software at https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/getting-started/migrating-from-another-platform/ and you can see what can and can't be converted at https://invisioncommunity.com/services/migrate.

Migration Service

IPS also offers full service migrations.  Our team is experienced with this process and can also provide custom conversion and migration solutions.  These migrations typically require very little from the client and are designed to take the pressure of a major move off of the administrators.  Full service migrations start at $850 to the cloud service or $1750 if self hosting. 

It is not possible to convert downloads files to topics, these items serve different purposes.

I hope that helps but please let us know if we can be any further assistance.  

Guest BlackBoy
1 hour ago, Andy Millne said:

It is not possible to convert downloads files to topics, these items serve different purposes.

This is the main thing that I am looking for with resource manager import since it's not possible I got no reason to look for my logins and renew my license

Could you please explain your situation a little more? I'm not clear why you would want to convert downloads files to topics and what benefit that would bring. We can convert the XF resource manager articles to articles within our Pages application if this is what you mean?

On 7/2/2018 at 6:28 AM, Andy Millne said:

Could you please explain your situation a little more? I'm not clear why you would want to convert downloads files to topics and what benefit that would bring. We can convert the XF resource manager articles to articles within our Pages application if this is what you mean?

With the XenForo Resource Manager, each file can have it's own topic. That's probably what he means.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:28 AM, Guest BlackBoy said:

i would like to know is it possible to convert xenforo 2.0 and resource manager to ipb community suite and downloads and after that can we convert the downloads into simple threads??

Why you want migrate from xenforo 2? I asked because i must choose ipb or xf

On 7/3/2018 at 9:44 AM, Matt C. said:

With the XenForo Resource Manager, each file can have it's own topic. That's probably what he means.

The Invision Community Downloads application supports the same functionality, so this would be inherently retained during the conversion.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.