Pages Blocks Permission Problem

PPlanet

Hi, I have two Pages blocks with identical permissions. I checked database, pages, blocks, fields. No difference when it comes to permissions.

However, while I can see both as an admin. Everyone else sees just one of them.

Any idea of places where I could check?

Might sound obvious but the 'content' the block is meant to show *is* viewable to the accounts you want to see it yes ? Otherwise it is likely to not show, as in no viewable content = no block :smile:

Moving on...

First thought on this (as you sound like you've checked the obvious things) , are you using secondary groups ?

Although its not *that* likely, it is worth checking that the permissions are such that a secondary group is not causing them not to appear as its not applied to the other accounts.

If this does not make sense: Get a testing account that has permissions you expect it to have to be able to view the block. From what you're saying at this stage the account won't be able ot view that block (no problem) , termpoarily apply a secondary group permission to this test account (your group) , and try it again. Can you see the block now with this 'test account' ?

Other thoughts: Although again not too likely but worth checking, if you have custom themes present try viewing on the default one as well.

Thanks AndyF; yes, I think I have done most of those things. The permissions are for all groups including guests. With a little more time, I think I'll create this second block again from scratch (the pity is that it has so many fields), but as it is, it's driving me insane. :smile:

You're welcome. You could try the Support tool in the ACP too I guess, just the first part of it "Something is not working..." then stop when it completes that stage and tells you it has cleared cached data out.

Then hard refresh (CTRL+F5 on a Windows machine at least, unsure on Mac) the page where the block is to see if its any better. Hard refresh just recommended so you are sure you're getting a 'new' copy not something out of your browser cache. ?

Archived