Upgrade IPBoard from 3.3.4 to 4.3.4 - error

wegorz23

I actually upgrade my forum on the IPBoard engine from version 3.3.4 to 4.3.4 version. During the upgrade I got an error : AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /urlToForum/admin/upgrade/index.php

Has anyone encountered such an error during the upgrade? How can I solve this problem? Please for help.

If you don't have access to your server where this is installed, contact your web host. They will probably be able to check the web server error log file and give you an idea about what is causing this. There are a wide variety of things that can cause this.

That looks (to me at least) more like a host related issue, do you have any .htaccess files in the /admin directory ? It would be worth temporarily removing it if you do (download it then delete it, that way you can put it back if needs be) , your web control panel error log if its there may give clues too.

You can upgrade from any 3x version with the IPS4 suite, its only a (slight) issue if you try to upgrade from the 2x or 1x series, in these limited cases you need a 3x upgrade first but this does not apply in your case as the upgrader should accept any 3x version to upgrade from.

1 hour ago, wegorz23 said:

I actually upgrade my forum on the IPBoard engine from version 3.3.4 to 4.3.4 version. During the upgrade I got an error : AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /urlToForum/admin/upgrade/index.php

Has anyone encountered such an error during the upgrade? How can I solve this problem? Please for help.

@AndyF is right. This looks to be a permission issue by looking at the error message.

4 hours ago, wegorz23 said:

Yes, I have .htaccess file in /admin directory . I deleted this file, but the error remained ..

OK. ?

Did you check for any error logs ?

If you are not sure, first look in Cpanel / your hosting control panel for an error log there, if you do not see anything relevant / no errors next look via FTP / File Manager in the suite root directory, this is where init.php and conf_global.php are. There *might* be an error log file in here.

Next, if you're still stuck contact your host and give them that error message you have, ask them for the relevant part of the error logs. With this if you are not able to fix the problem, you can then provide the "real error" to support here via the Client Area. ?

If you're just not sure what to do you could just submit a ticket here in the Client Area now and the support technician will be able to point you in the right direction if it is determined to be a hosting / server side issue.

Archived