Auto Lock Topics (Support)

On 8/10/2021 at 11:28 PM, taz.de said:

hi, i am interested in this to use it with the actual version of ipb in the same way as chrisvanmeer wished above (in 2018): i would like to lock topics in a forum 7 days after the topic was created. is that included meanwhile? regards.

Can you clarify what you mean? This already will lock topics x days that you can set in the auto lock topic settings.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, adik said:

@Michael.J i test script in one section where i have about 50 pages of topics to close. Has been closed 5 pages of topics in 4 hours. Why is it going so slowly?

It's set to lock 50 topics each time the task runs. You can manually increase this number until it's caught up if you want? Otherwise the task will just continue to run in the background until it's caught up with all the topics that need to be locked.

21 hours ago, adik said:

@Michael.J i understand. My suggestion is to add a value change option in admin panel. This should simplify matters

The only reason I want to avoid that is some people may set the value to high and overload some slower servers.

Do you need instructions to speed it up in your instance or can you just wait until it catches up?

Edited by Michael.J
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 8:28 PM, Emediate said:

Just discovered that after running the latest Invision update on March 7, our auto lock topic is not happening after (14) days as per the setting. Is anyone else running this having any probs since the latest update?

Any error logs or problems if you run the task manually?

Just now, Michael.J said:

Any error logs or problems if you run the task manually?

Apologies for not updating here. The same day we updated, we also included an additional subforum for Auto Expire. It was my mistake and working as intended - it just had 10+ years of threads to work through. It caught back up eventually! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Emediate said:

Apologies for not updating here. The same day we updated, we also included an additional subforum for Auto Expire. It was my mistake and working as intended - it just had 10+ years of threads to work through. It caught back up eventually! 🙂

Thanks for letting me know. 🙂