Auto Lock Topics (Support)

On 11/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, londonmitch said:

I would like it to lock topics 

This locks topics only. It will not prevent new topics if a forum has more then x topics however.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:07 PM, Emediate said:

Seems I am having a problem on 4.5 - nothing showing in the logs.

If you run the task manually, does it show any errors?

I just purchased this, but due to the way our server is setup we can't install plugins from the Marketplace directly on the live servers, we must do it through a staging and then push live with GIT. Is there a way I can get the actual files? I assume they will show up in our Plugins in ACP after that so we can update.

Edited by Redmak
On 12/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, Redmak said:

I just purchased this, but due to the way our server is setup we can't install plugins from the Marketplace directly on the live servers, we must do it through a staging and then push live with GIT. Is there a way I can get the actual files? I assume they will show up in our Plugins in ACP after that so we can update.

There are some database changes during the plugin install process as well. So it's not just a matter of copying the files into the plugins folder. I would recommend double checking with IPS first however. If not, I can refund this for you.

On 12/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Emediate said:

Nothing, unfortunately.

Is there a way to get admin and ftp login details to troubleshoot this further?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, we've discovered that despite setting the plugin not to notify on topic closure, it is randomly doing this for Topic Starters with this option set "Automatically follow new content I post" it has become so annoying that I have now had to disable a post reply (that instructs a reader or topic starter to contact if a toipic should be reopened) so we lost a helpful message due to this bug. Here's the complaint, and it has also happened for me a few times https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1404614-notification-issues

SNAG-0005.thumb.png.387e9b2b8bf87fb04691be30cfcf2e7e.png

How it was set (now disabled post replies)

SNAG-0004.png.dd79537dc5247267b8d1f7085d13babd.png

The notification (note how it is also still the only "unread" notification in the last week). Thread it links to https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1391131-google-added-icons-to-search-results-and-now-i-think-its-all-spam/?tab=comments#comment-598621934

Edited by Redmak
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with this plugin not working 100% all of the time? We have it set to auto lock topics after 14 days (for classifieds ads within a sub-forum), but to also tag the thread Expired. It does lock the topics, but does not mark the topic Expired in all cases.

Have installed the plugin on a second forum, and it too has the exact same problem.

Have contacted @Michael.J directly a few times but not getting a response. Might need to uninstall this one as it clearly has a bug, or we do, but I can't get help to resolve it.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:49 AM, JoNaDo18 said:

Would it be possible to create different filters according to the forum and once blocked, move them to another section?

No not currently sorry, only global settings that apply to all forums.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, Redmak said:

Hello, we've discovered that despite setting the plugin not to notify on topic closure, it is randomly doing this for Topic Starters with this option set "Automatically follow new content I post" it has become so annoying that I have now had to disable a post reply (that instructs a reader or topic starter to contact if a toipic should be reopened) so we lost a helpful message due to this bug.

Any pattern I can reproduce this with? Can you take a screenshot of your auto lock settings and either reply here or PM me them please?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, Emediate said:

Anyone else having trouble with this plugin not working 100% all of the time? We have it set to auto lock topics after 14 days (for classifieds ads within a sub-forum), but to also tag the thread Expired. It does lock the topics, but does not mark the topic Expired in all cases.

I apologies for the delay, IPB 4.5 was a bigger update then I expected and it didn't come at a very good time for me. If you've got a PM open with me, I'll be replying to that shortly as I will need to troubleshoot this further directly on your forums. I'm not getting widespread reports of issues with this plugin so I'm leaning towards a possible issue with one of your topics causing the task to lock up.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Michael.J said:

I apologies for the delay, IPB 4.5 was a bigger update then I expected and it didn't come at a very good time for me. If you've got a PM open with me, I'll be replying to that shortly as I will need to troubleshoot this further directly on your forums. I'm not getting widespread reports of issues with this plugin so I'm leaning towards a possible issue with one of your topics causing the task to lock up.

Thanks for the reply, and I apologise for my increasingly frustrated attempts to contact you. Sorry to hear it hasn't been a good time for you and sincerely hope your situation improves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, Emediate said:

Thanks for the reply, and I apologise for my increasingly frustrated attempts to contact you. Sorry to hear it hasn't been a good time for you and sincerely hope your situation improves.

@Michael.J - any news on when you can pick up the Support? 
I still have a very large live site in a broken state.

10 hours ago, Emediate said:

@Michael.J - any news on when you can pick up the Support? 
I still have a very large live site in a broken state.

I'm replying from oldest to newest and have nearly caught up with everything but obviously replying frequently puts you last. I've bookmarked your PM and will take a look at it today or tomorrow.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:28 PM, Emediate said:

3 weeks is "frequently" - and puts me last???? WTH?

I'm the one who has been very patient. Take your time - I've waited 3+ months and apparently now I'm the bad guy

I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, you just happened to reply when I went through a few dozen personal messages and caught up with a few left remaining.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 9:58 AM, Emediate said:

PM's going unanswered. This has been a problem for over 5 months now. I'm patient, but this is seriously affecting a large live site and I've paid for this product that is not working.

At this point I may need to refund as I can't see any logical reason why this is happening and so far I don't have any widespread reports of problems either. I can give you a few more test patches you try out if you would like but I'm really just not seeing anything causing the issue.

On 6/30/2021 at 1:16 PM, Michael.J said:

At this point I may need to refund as I can't see any logical reason why this is happening and so far I don't have any widespread reports of problems either. I can give you a few more test patches you try out if you would like but I'm really just not seeing anything causing the issue.

Well if you bothered to return any of my PMs I would show you some of the logs and error messages that might help you fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...