Auto Lock Topics (Support)

Automatically lock topics by multiple filter types including last post date, number of posts, author etc... Optionally add a post reply to topics once locked.

v1 Features

• Filter which forums topics will be locked in.
  • Optionally skip pinned, featured, hidden or poll topics.
  • Filter by last post date.
  • Filter by post count, number of views or topic rating.
  • Filter by topic author or topic tags.
  • Add optional prefix to locked topics.
  • Optional post reply for locked topics. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. @Mike John

I want to use this as alternative to archiving system (because i do no want to loose the search capability in archived topics).

If I apply your plugin and it has to lock a lot of topics for the first time (>10000) could that be a problem? or the task will work in batches?

Edited by Sergey_SV
On 8/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, Sergey_SV said:

If I apply your plugin and it has to lock a lot of topics for the first time (>10000) could that be a problem? or the task will work in batches?

It batches them into 25 topics at a time and the task runs every 30 mins assuming you've got board activity all the time or your running your tasks via cron. So it will take several days to work through 10,000 topics. If you need it, I can give instructions to temporarily increase that limit if your server can handle it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Is it possible to hide lock time?

Is it possible to only allow a certain member to post/unlock after being locked?

From the post reply that's added? If so, remove the "%lock_time%" quick tag from the post template and it won't add a lock time.

This plugin only uses the internal lock topic option, so any work around for posting in locked topics will need to be done within IPB4 itself. I believe there is a group permission to allow certain member groups to post in locked topics still.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:48 PM, Mason Hills said:

I just bought this plugin but the auto lock function is not working!

Have you setup your plugin settings? Has the auto lock topic ran yet? See acp > system tab > advanced configuration > view tasks > look for auto lock topics entry.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:52 AM, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Hi, I've just installed this but I don't see the option to auto lock when creating a topic. Can you help please

On 9/28/2018 at 1:59 AM, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

On top of that the plug in has auto locked 100's of dead topics  without me enabling any filters

This doesn't provide an auto lock setting per topic. If you check the plugin settings, you select the filters and which forums and it mass locks topics for you in the background using the filters you selected.

1580853001_AutoLockTopicsSettings.png.0c

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Mike John said:

If you don't need to filter by last post concurrently. I can give you an edit to temporarily assign the "last post" filter as a "start post date" filter. Otherwise, I've noted this and it will be included in the next update.

I just bought this and overlooked that I cannot automatically close a thread after "30" days from the start date.
Any chance of you assisting me with a temporary edit please?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@Michael.J I have a couple questions before I buy. I looked at your first screenshot and it seems pretty complex. Here's what I want to do...

On the 16th of each month we start a new 30 day cycle of questions people can ask us in a certain forum. 

I want to only allow 25 questions (or new topics) to be asked and/or lock the topic at 30 days, whichever comes first.

When the topic is locked, I'd love to be able to edit or add some text telling our members what to do next. Would be even better if I could add a video too, but text would be good too.

Can your plugin do this?

UPDATE: I just purchased your plugin but not sure how I adjust the settings (the term filter is confusing to me) to only allow 25 topics per forum. Also how do I test it as an administrator. 

Edited by Justin Stellman
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:26 AM, londonmitch said:

Is there a way to retroactively lock all old posts over 14 days in a certain forum? Just downloaded and installed with settings to lock after 14 days of star but would be nice to lock all the old topics we have

Lock the actual post or topic? Can you clarify? Or do you mean based on the last reply in a topic?

On 10/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, Justin Stellman said:

UPDATE: I just purchased your plugin but not sure how I adjust the settings (the term filter is confusing to me) to only allow 25 topics per forum. Also how do I test it as an administrator. 

Okay this will lock topics after 30 days of being started fine but it does not support limiting the amount of topics allowed in a forum. I apologies for the confusion if the screenshots seem to indicate that. I'm not sure there's even a plugin in the IPS Marketplace that does that.

4 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Lock the actual post or topic? Can you clarify? Or do you mean based on the last reply in a topic?

Okay this will lock topics after 30 days of being started fine but it does not support limiting the amount of topics allowed in a forum. I apologies for the confusion if the screenshots seem to indicate that. I'm not sure there's even a plugin in the IPS Marketplace that does that.

I would like it to lock topics