Possible to Sync with External Calendar?

John T Davis

Hello,

Our community has an external calendar with a lot of events. I would like to be able to automatically sync that with the Calendar in our forum. I don't see an option to do this in the Calendar settings, but I thought I might be missing something.

If it is not a built-in feature, can anyone recommend a plugin/mod that does it?

Thanks!

It's possible, yes.

If you want to export the forum calendar to your external calendar, you just need to grab the ical/webcal URL and input that into your external calendar (assuming it supports importing of events).

If you want to import your external calendar into the forum calendar, you need to set up an ical import in the AdminCP (Community > Calendar) using the ical/webcal URL supplied by your external calendar.

9 hours ago, bfarber said:

It's possible, yes.

If you want to export the forum calendar to your external calendar, you just need to grab the ical/webcal URL and input that into your external calendar (assuming it supports importing of events).

If you want to import your external calendar into the forum calendar, you need to set up an ical import in the AdminCP (Community > Calendar) using the ical/webcal URL supplied by your external calendar.

@bfarber, thank you! I think this will do exactly what we need.

Archived