Display Name History in 4.3

8 hours ago, GASR said:

Am I blind or was the option to delete the name change history of a member removed from the ACP after the 4.3 member profile update?  I can't even find a place to view it?

It is integrated into the rest of the member history (it is no longer a separate log)

On 6/22/2018 at 9:21 AM, bfarber said:

It is integrated into the rest of the member history (it is no longer a separate log)

Does that mean I can no longer reset name changes without effecting other logged history?  We allow name changes once a year and sometimes that gets messed up when we add accounts manually.

Edited by GASR

22 minutes ago, GASR said:

Does that mean I can no longer reset name changes without effecting other logged history?  We allow name changes once a year and sometimes that gets messed up when we add accounts manually.

You can still do this!
We have only changed the way how and where they're stored and how the changes are presented in the ACP. The presentation on the frontend profile and also all the permissions wasn't changed.

5 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You can still do this!
We have only changed the way how and where they're stored and how the changes are presented in the ACP. The presentation on the frontend profile and also all the permissions wasn't changed.

Oh dang, staff is up early.  :cool:

Could you kindly direct me to the area where I can do this?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 9:44 PM, bfarber said:

Why would you need to do that?

I have several cases eg real names, obsceneish names, address names, otherplatformusernames and so on.

Valid reasons to remove their previous user names. Removing old user names needs to be a core function, like it once was. No ifs or buts about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, bfarber said:

I would recommend simply not publicly displaying the user's display name history if you have concerns about the information being displayed.

(I don't believe there is any built in faculty to delete individual member history log entries right now)

Please make it happen. Not displaying the information is not a solution to the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking for this. Not sure why it was removed.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, bfarber said:

I would recommend simply not publicly displaying the user's display name history if you have concerns about the information being displayed.

How do you hide the display name history from the public?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...