External Links Rich Embed [Support Topic]

This is the Official Support Topic for "Link Title Retriever" Plugin.

Feel free to ask before/after purchasing here.

Any recommendations & suggestions are more than welcome.

Edited by A Zayed
Change plugin title to "External Links Rich Embed"
2 hours ago, A Zayed said:

It has been developed for extrernal links..

Internal links are automatically embded with the built in oEmbed.

Thanks, I see that it does indeed embed external links when I am typing them out. However, if I copy and paste a link into the editor it doesn't automatically embed. For example, I tried to copy and paste this link: http://www.wcjb.com/content/news/House-GOP-gets-little-direction-from-President-Trump-on-immigration-486019931.html

39 minutes ago, Priyesh said:

Hey,
I bought this plugin but it does not work in my community.

Regards

Many thanks for your purchase...

I'm truly sorry for this,

Please consider that link data retrieval speed is mainly based on your internet connection speed, So it may be delayed according to your connection.

If possible, Can I've a look at the issue closely so that I can investigate further?  

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, kmk said:

3. In the download contain 2 files, what is other? 

The old file is for and old version of the plugin, it was developed originally only to make link title retrieval (This simple feature is already included in the current version).

Don't use the old one.

Request options:

1. Can add option to delete or hide the wrapper? the purpose is it will see like uniform with the theme..

2. Add option to set show all content. User can read all content and don't need click and open other page.

3. Add option to disable the link option, so the embed will be like an article of the site, user can read all content and dont need leave the site and go to other, touch it but stay on site.

externalembed1.png

So I think the plug in should has a global setting, how it works by default, then each time when embed the link, user can call option menu that contain mentioned options. 

Other option I would like to request is user can choose which elements can show in the embed, in my case I am thinking only title, image and content, the screenshot says what I want to say. 

IMG_20180714_195246.thumb.jpg.bdea51d7c7fb7a70f894902efc8e0605.jpg

Kindly find my replies below ?:

18 hours ago, kmk said:

Request options:

1. Can add option to delete or hide the wrapper? the purpose is it will see like uniform with the theme. Planned with content width adjustment option

2. Add option to set show all content. User can read all content and don't need click and open other page. Actually, this is against plugin scope, It has been developed to show link "Preview" not link content "View". Another thing to consider, the remote server response is a "meta" array, which means that it only gets content description defined by website itself. This option can be achieved easily if you know how the actual content is being parsed inside the link, I mean, it can be implemented for specific sites that doesn't change their content formatting like Facebook, Twitter....

3. Add option to disable the link option, so the embed will be like an article of the site, user can read all content and don't need leave the site and go to other, touch it but stay on site.

Added to plan list

Other option I would like to request is user can choose which elements can show in the embed, in my case I am thinking only title, image and content, the screenshot says what I want to say.  The user can easily delete any item from the embed box just by "Backspace", it's a contetn box not Iframe.

Oh, add group and members permission to use it. For sure, planned.

Many thanks for your suggestions to rise-up the plugin ?

Just now, fix3r said:

I am looking for confirmation on retaining of SSL integrity when non-SSL sites are linked to

Again, an API request is applied in the 3rd party remote server by the urlmeta.org (https://)...

In case there is insecure content in the embedded content, the JSON request will return an "ERROR" response, in this case the url will not embedded by default.