Change Default Notification Settings for All Users

John T Davis

Hello,

I help administer an ~300 person discussion group. We were previously using Yahoo Groups and are now migrating to Invision. Invision promises to be a much better experience.

However, most of our members interacted with the Yahoo Group via daily digest emails. I know it is possible for each Invision user to set up daily digests for each individual forum they are interested in, but if at all possible, I would like to be able to override the default notification settings for all users so they are subscribed to all forums (daily digest) by default. That would mimic the behavior of the Yahoo group, and make sure our members are comfortable as we move to the new platform.

Is there any built-in setting or plug-in that does this?

User ID/password combinations for all of our users have already been created in Invision.

Thank you so much for any advice or recommendations.

Sincerely,

John T Davis

Just now, DawPi said:

Check this mod:

Thank you!

This looks like exactly what we need. Are there any issues with compatibility with the latest version of the Invision Cloud 4.3.x code? We haven't had to try to install mods yet, so I am admittedly unfamiliar with this process.

Is it possible to set the notification frequency? I would like to be able to set the default notification on all forums at the forum-level as daily digest by email. At the moment I'm not concerned about notification settings on individual posts.

That is, I need to be able to subscribe every user to a daily email digest of every forum.

Thanks again for reaching out.

• 3 months later...

Archived