Dental Work (Mostly) Complete

FZ

I'd like to report that while I am still experiencing a little tenderness from my root canal upgrade to 4.3.3 (and now 4.3.4), my system is almost back to normal, barring one anomaly that is still under an open ticket. That's the one about not being able to cull members who haven't logged in for the past 3 years that was supposed to be fixed in the 4.3.4 upgrade. My member filter system doesn't seem to be working at all anymore. Hopefully a simple fix form @Matt will resolve it. 

Anyway, I would like to publicly thank @Lindy and his team for their tenacity in helping to  resolve the most critical issue for me, which was the SMTP business for bulk emails. Turns out that when you have 4 different service providers all investigating the same issue, you should insist on those people being senior enough to know what they are talking about and also astute enough to know the difference between smtp.elasticemail.com and smtp.elasticmail.com (the latter being incorrect). 

If there are other members who post-4.3 upgrade are looking for a bulk email "pay-as-you-go" solution that doesn't empty your pockets quite as fast as SendGrid, go check out www.elasticemail.com. I have been using them for a couple of years and they are working for me and one of my other clients. You get 5000 emails per day for free and additionals are only 0.09c per 1000. 

Onwards and upwards! 

1 hour ago, FZ said:

And we're all better now! :biggrin:

Good news.  I know it was said in the other topic, but keeping your site up to date helps ease some of these issues.  Upgrading across ~20ish versions at once, 2 of which were major, you're going to run into a gotcha.

Also, always take a backup of your files and database prior to any upgrade.  If something catastrophic does go wrong, you always have a backup you can restore.  Then you can address the upgrade issues, on a test site, at your convenience while your site is still operational. 

29 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Also, always take a backup of your files and database prior to any upgrade.  If something catastrophic does go wrong, you always have a backup you can restore.  Then you can address the upgrade issues, on a test site, at your convenience while your site is still operational. 

This. 1000x this.

I got the patch and it works. But... I see that you can only select one member group at a time, so you can't do exclusion searching based on groups, which is a bit problematic. 

Archived