Community

The Old Man

Spam via Contact Us - Call to Arms!

8 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

Sorry, this is not quite English (neither am I) and I don't understand the meaning of this sentence.

The point is that I can decide myself to add ip ranges to a blacklist. They can't access it anymore then.

Thats true. 

35 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

All nice idea's, but adding the abuser's ip is just a little feature question, should be easy to do too.

Automatic spam programs change IPs like underwear. Sometimes they use IPs that real users can use as well. I would not rely on IP at all.

@Sonya*True but that's a choice. In my case 99,9% spammers are comming from certain country's which I block and from dedicated servers, from which normally no users login, like servers from OVH for example.

I almost never see IP's that real users can use and ofcourse then I don't block them. But as said, that is a choice and implemeting the ip with the form can be done in half a minute.

Ive just added s new feature... Our spam prevention suite will check  the banned IP addresses for the contact us form in the next release 🙂 so once the IP or the members was banned, they won’t be able to access the contact us form . 

I had this issue long ago and I fixed it....but since then my life has become horrible.  No longer do girls in my area wanna meet me, no longer do I get ad's for free weed, and it's been a while since I heard about the guy who told me my russian grandmother passed away and left me 100 million dollars... 

4 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

I had this issue long ago and I fixed it....but since then my life has become horrible.  No longer do girls in my area wanna meet me, no longer do I get ad's for free weed, and it's been a while since I heard about the guy who told me my russian grandmother passed away and left me 100 million dollars... 

The hard and brutal life of a community admin LOL 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

If it makes you feel better I'd be happy to offer you an interest free loan of up to $100,000, no credit history required.  All I need is your credit card details sent to my website at http://wtfomgloleduardossalsaparlorandchainsawrepair.io.mx.co.ec.me.

Edited by liquidfractal

5 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

but since then my life has become horrible.  No longer do girls in my area wanna meet me, no longer do I get ad's for free weed, and it's been a while since I heard about the guy who told me my russian grandmother passed away and left me 100 million dollars... 

Hehe...Those offers are coming to me now!

But because I have a good heart I may redirect half of them to your email address free of charge...
...all of them for a cent for each.

My bank account number at the Whole Universe Bank: 1234 567890