IP Pages Advice

Disruption

Hi guys,

I want to build a home page using Pages however, I am really unsure of what I am doing. I know this may sound stupid but, I just really see the editor option. I was wondering if some of you guys could showcase your home page / pages designed via IP Pages. I would love to know how you did it as I am 100% new to using pages in this way. Thank you guys!

Are you asking how to make a Pages page your default home page? Or are you simply asking for design ideas?

Do you have any knowledge of HTML/CSS/JavaScript?

It really is a blank canvas for you to work from and you are only limited by your imagination and ability.

If you have "Use suite HTML wrapper"checked then a lot of work is done for you. You only need to worry about the content. If ideas for content is an issue, then blocks/widget is a good starting point.

Depending on what you are after, you may also want to look into the use of Databases.

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend you study the following guide in its entirety:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/

1 hour ago, Tom S. said:

Are you asking how to make a Pages page your default home page? Or are you simply asking for design ideas?

Do you have any knowledge of HTML/CSS/JavaScript?

It really is a blank canvas for you to work from and you are only limited by your imagination and ability.

If you have "Use suite HTML wrapper"checked then a lot of work is done for you. You only need to worry about the content. If ideas for content is an issue, then blocks/widget is a good starting point.

Depending on what you are after, you may also want to look into the use of Databases.

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend you study the following guide in its entirety:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/

Hey Tom!

Appreciate the response. Ideally, I want to see some examples of people's work with pages and how they ended up doing it (whether that be via Pages built in editor or manual HTML). I will definitely check out the reading you listed as I really want to utilize a Page as my homepage versus my forum. Just to confirm, when using the suite HTML wrapper, am I able to just use direct code? I do not need to include DOCTYPE HTML to it or anything of that nature?

1 hour ago, Agent Shark said:

Just to confirm, when using the suite HTML wrapper, am I able to just use direct code? I do not need to include DOCTYPE HTML to it or anything of that nature?

Yes just bang in your code and don't worry about headers and stuff. Essentially the wrapper adds this part:

example.thumb.png.9324480bdec028949a137c9792a00356.png

And you fill the middle.

If you want to find examples of what other people have done, a good place to look is here:

I'm sure a lot of the sites posted their use Pages to power their homepage.

9 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

Yes just bang in your code and don't worry about headers and stuff. Essentially the wrapper adds this part:

example.thumb.png.9324480bdec028949a137c9792a00356.png

And you fill the middle.

If you want to find examples of what other people have done, a good place to look is here:

I'm sure a lot of the sites posted their use Pages to power their homepage.

Perfect. Thank you again! Appreciate it a ton!

Archived