Terribly frustrated by lack of status updates from staff

SFLUFAN

I'm pretty sure that isn't the right place for this, but I'm hoping that posting this here get some attention.  I'm terribly frustrated right now by the lack of status updates regarding the data transfer from my Dreamhost server to my recently-rented Advanced 200 cloud server.  The last communication I received from Invision staff was nearly 48 hours ago and my request for a simple status update to communicate to my community have gone unanswered.

I'm just looking for something to tell them that things are proceeding along - that's all.  As a new client for the hosting service, this lack of communication is terribly frustrating and disheartening ?

I realize that I am venting and I sincerely apologize to the community, but after dealing with several issues with Dreamhost that made me decide on this move to Invision as my hosting service, I'm pretty much exhausted and at my wit's end ?

4 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

It doesn't. Sorting is supposed to be based on ticket creation date. 

Really, I always thought they had a queue based on last update to the support thread and processed in chronological order. For this reason I am always afraid to bump my support tickets while waiting, even if I have new (possibly useful) information.

How do they prioritize? off the original request only?

19 minutes ago, Joel R said:

You posted this on peer to peer for feedback from other clients.  Literally the last place they might look. 

You should instead either post in Feedback or ask to escalate your ticket. 

I posted in Pre-Sales, but the topic is awaiting moderation.

I do realize really isn't the right place, but I just really needed to vent.  It's been a tiring several days.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

I posted in Pre-Sales, but the topic is awaiting moderation.

I do realize really isn't the right place, but I just really needed to vent.  It's been a tiring several days.

I know what you mean. Communication is SUPER important. When not hearing anything it's easy to feel like nothing is happening. Personally I appreciate feedback even if it's something like "Ran into a hurdle, trying to sort it out now"

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

Really, I always thought they had a queue based on last update to the support thread and processed in chronological order. For this reason I am always afraid to bump my support tickets while waiting, even if I have new (possibly useful) information.

How do they prioritize? off the original request only?

Things may have changed over the years, but when I was T1 it was always based on ticket creation date. If a client responded / reopened a ticket older than yours, it would show up ahead of yours. 

Look at it this way, if older tickets were being put at the bottom of the queue because of a new reply would only make it that much longer to resolve. 

Priority support obviously changes that per Lindy's clarification the other day, though. 

4 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I know what you mean. Communication is SUPER important. When not hearing anything it's easy to feel like nothing is happening. Personally I appreciate feedback even if it's something like "Ran into a hurdle, trying to sort it out now"

Exactly!

Aaaaaaand quite "coincidentally", I JUST received an update:

Apologies for the delay, the team which does transfers got badly backed up this week.  I've set this ticket as an internal priority so that it gets attended to as soon as the team can get to it.  Someone will update you when they are able.

If that simple message had been sent earlier, I wouldn't have felt so "abandoned".

10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Exactly!

Aaaaaaand quite "coincidentally", I JUST received an update:

Apologies for the delay, the team which does transfers got badly backed up this week.  I've set this ticket as an internal priority so that it gets attended to as soon as the team can get to it.  Someone will update you when they are able.

If that simple message had been sent earlier, I wouldn't have felt so "abandoned".

Totally understand how difficult it is to be left in the dark. The one thing I've been incredibly thankful for is the eagerness of staff. While your circumstance isn't rare, there are many users who can attest to the quality support they have received when dealing with migrations, configuration concerns, self-hosted content, and other areas. 

I'm sorry to see that they did you a disservice however, I am glad they got back to you (unsure if this post had any relation to the ticket response they have made).

41 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

I guess, sometimes the support staff is just very busy because of too much workload and support requests. 

IF I had to guess, I imagine their workload increases right after a new release then starts to trail off till the next release.

Archived