Support Requests System - Suggestions & Questions

Cyboman

I'm just setting up the support request system, and I encountered some limitations I suggest to improve:

1. There should be a setting, how often emails are sent to remind the responsible (assigned) members to solve issues. A time interval setting is required with some options, when to remind and when not. F.e.

# Exclude from Reminders, if a special status is set
    # Remind for any status (=reminder should be a per status setting)

2. When viewing a support ticket, there is a lot of essential information missing.

# I'm missing information like:

+ when joined
    + content count
    + reputation count
    + warnings count.

These ones should be viewable directly.
    Currently I can only open the member in a new tap/window to view his informations:
    If I open the member by "open member in new tab", the "Customer view" is presented by default. But in my case, I'd like to see the member view as default. I think that's not an ideal workflow imo.

3. A frontend indicator about new AND/OR assigned support requests is totally missing. There should be any notification (preferably in a new "notification area" for member reports for moderators only, but viewable only to allowed staff team members for their support request department) Especially admins with mobile devices "on the run" shouldn't be logged in to the ACP with their mobiles all the time. A proper frontend indication is at least required

4. If I create a support request on staff behalf in the ACP, and then select "owner type -> email", an email is sent to the entered email address, but this email has NO LINK back to the support request in any way, nor one can reply (as it was sent with the standard noreply@... address). So how can one reply to such tickets? And can anybody please explain in which cases to use the "create new support request in the ACP with ownertype -> email"?

5. When communicating in support requests with community members, my real name (first name / last name) is shown as the staff member, but I want to change this to my -> display name in the community. How? There should be an option to change this.

6. If I solve support request issues (=completed, resolved), the counter in the ACP with open tickets changes, BUT: in some cases, if switching through the ACP menus, the new count isn't honored. This seems to me like a bug. The counter refresh doesn't operate like it should. The refresh times appear to be delayed.

7. On top of new support requests (after opening them in the ACP), I can see the support request title, but there is no information about the member, who has sent it. Ok, you can scroll down now, to see the "XYZ has created a new support request…" area but this is 10 lines downwards. Below the title, there should be the member avatar as well as the member name and the according member primary group displayed. Like it is displayed for any contents in the community frontend.

8. What happens, if a new support request has been sent by an unregistered email (f.e. via the contact us option OR via 1 configured email address. Will this new support request be displayed to ALL staff members (as no department is set at this point of time). Imo there should be a default setting for new support requests (with no department assigned), who exactly will be able to view them! There are always confidential informations being sent to a standard incoming email address, and if this one is associated with the support request system, staff members that shouldn't be able to view them are permitted to view them.

9. The auto-resolve feature is nice, but I'd like to see more different auto-resolve configurations possible. Not only one for all cases.

Thanks for considerations and any help is appreciated if you know any solution to my concerns ? 

36 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

A frontend indicator about new AND/OR assigned support requests is totally missing. There should be any notification (preferably in a new "notification area" for member reports for moderators only, but viewable only to allowed staff team members for their support request department) Especially admins with mobile devices "on the run" shouldn't be logged in to the ACP with their mobiles all the time. A proper frontend indication is at least required

I've got this in my backlog to update my 3.x version to 4.x.

38 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

A frontend indicator about new AND/OR assigned support requests is totally missing. There should be any notification (preferably in a new "notification area" for member reports for moderators only, but viewable only to allowed staff team members for their support request department) Especially admins with mobile devices "on the run" shouldn't be logged in to the ACP with their mobiles all the time. A proper frontend indication is at least required

I have to admit that it's really not that great, but we have indeed such a widget.
The "Commerce Overview widget will show you the open and assigned tickets count.

• 1 year later...

Archived