(NE) Quote Enhancements

Plugin which allows users to ignore quotes in forum posts, thus extending the current ability to ignore posts only

• Original quote is collapsed.
  • Clicking the quote will expand it for viewing.

Note:

This plugin takes the data-ipsquote-userid value from a quote, and uses this to look up whether that user is ignored by the viewer. If no value exists then no lookup can be performed, and therefore it cannot be determined if the user is being ignored. This situation is most likely to occur with quotes that pre-date your upgrade to IPS 4.x

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
#0 /www/.../system/Db/Db.php(336): IPS\_Db->query('SHOW COLUMNS FR...', true, false)
#1 /www/.../system/Db/Db.php(1412): IPS\_Db->forceQuery('SHOW COLUMNS FR...')
#2 /www/.../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(804) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\_Db->checkForColumn('ipb_core_ignore...', 'ignore_quotes')
#3 /www/.../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(822): ips_plugins_setup_install->step1()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#5 /www/.../system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#6 /www/.../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(929): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#7 /www/.../system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->doInstall()
#8 /www/.../system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /www/.../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /www/.../system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#11 /www/.../admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, theblackelk said:

@Nathan Explosion Really hoping you can get this one back on the marketplace. It has been requested quite a bit by my users.

I think it's on the MP still - above may have coincided with my license lapsing, but should have been sorted when I renewed a couple of months ago.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:38 PM, Mercury_ said:

Hello,

one question before purchasement. I do have a quite big community. And my concern is that this addon might increase the server load by extra queries.
Can you please give me some more information how this plugin will work with database queries and server load?

There are no additional queries involved - the plugin modifies post content for display, after it has been retrieved by the IPS code itself, hiding the quoted content and then Javascirpt on the front-end is used to expose the quoted content for viewing if the user wishes to view it.

I've got a couple of modifications I want to make to this plugin following some issues I had with it on my own site, so hopefully have an update out soon for it.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

v2.0.1 has been submitted for approval

What's new?

1. Plugin is now an application
  2. The user option to ignore quotes via 'Ignored users' has been removed - the 'Posts' setting now controls whether to ignore quotes (logical...if you are ignoring someone's posts, a quote is also one of their posts so....)
  3. Settings added to allow you (the administrator) to control how truncated quotes behave. Either...
    • Change the number of lines to display (range: 1 to 7 lines) or
    • Don't truncate the quote...expand it (the way it used to be)
4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

v2.0.1 has been submitted for approval

What's new?

1. Plugin is now an application
  2. The user option to ignore quotes via 'Ignored users' has been removed - the 'Posts' setting now controls whether to ignore quotes (logical...if you are ignoring someone's posts, a quote is also one of their posts so....)
  3. Settings added to allow you (the administrator) to control how truncated quotes behave. Either...
    • Change the number of lines to display (range: 1 to 7 lines) or
    • Don't truncate the quote...expand it (the way it used to be)

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Nathan doing the Lord's work right now!

5 hours ago, MNOfficial said:

Once again, Nathan, you are a Godsend for going back in and looking at your code!

No worries - something clicked yesterday with the approach I was previously taking with the Javascript side of things, based on something else entirely that I had done in another application, and things came together quickly as a result.

Once v2.0.1 has been approved, I've got a v2.1 ready to go and that introduces user control over the quote truncation functionality...I'll allow a couple of days for potential bug-fixes before I put that out though.

41 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No worries - something clicked yesterday with the approach I was previously taking with the Javascript side of things, based on something else entirely that I had done in another application, and things came together quickly as a result.

Once v2.0.1 has been approved, I've got a v2.1 ready to go and that introduces user control over the quote truncation functionality...I'll allow a couple of days for potential bug-fixes before I put that out though.

I am so happy that something clicked, and I know once v2.0.1 is [finally] available it'll be a fantastic fix!! I know I cannot wait to install the application, and how happy my community is going to be! 🙏🏻👍🏻