[Application] Close/Deactivate My Account

Faqole

• 4 weeks later...

Is the following supposed to be happening:

Made a test account, used the deactivaton process. So It's now blocked from doing anything on the site but STILL logged in, and unable to sign out.  Close/open browser, still shows as signed in but cannot log out:

" You can not browse the forum anymore due to your account being closed..."

Tried with a new browser in private window. Signed in, but blocked from browsing, but still cannot sign out.

5 minutes ago, Brainy S. said:

Is the following supposed to be happening:

Made a test account, used the deactivaton process. So It's now blocked from doing anything on the site but STILL logged in, and unable to sign out.  Close/open browser, still shows as signed in but cannot log out:

" You can not browse the forum anymore due to your account being closed..."

Tried with a new browser in private window. Signed in, but blocked from browsing, but still cannot sign out.

Yes, that is correct sir. 

25 minutes ago, Faqole said:

Yes, that is correct sir. 

I am not sure if this is ideal. Like if someone has two accounts and they want to deactivate one they will be stuck in the deactivated account unable to switch until their account is deleted by a moderator or they clean out their cookies or use a private browsing window.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, Brainy S. said:

I am not sure if this is ideal. Like if someone has two accounts and they want to deactivate one they will be stuck in the deactivated account unable to switch until their account is deleted by a moderator or they clean out their cookies or use a private browsing window.

The application has been updated sir. Now they will be able to log off if the option to block them from viewing topics is selected.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, pixeldude said:

This app does not work with ipsfocus skins, how difficult is it to implement? ipB 4.2.7

When you mean is not working, can you please clarify what exactly is not working? I am not familiar with that skin, but I will see what I can do. Can you please link me to it?

Just now, pixeldude said:

The application is installed, working and showing up on the frontend when using the standard skin. It is not showing when using our purchased skin however. https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/titan/

All apps/plugins etc are coded to work with the vanilla version of the software, and not to be compatible with other third party stuff. That being said, most likely that theme has changed the area for members settings. That is a paid theme btw, I can not download it. Anyways, if you can send me the url to your admin panel with an admin account I will look into it this week end. Alternatively, you can ask that theme designer about this if you do not want to share that info.

10 hours ago, Faqole said:

All apps/plugins etc are coded to work with the vanilla version of the software, and not to be compatible with other third party stuff. That being said, most likely that theme has changed the area for members settings. That is a paid theme btw, I can not download it. Anyways, if you can send me the url to your admin panel with an admin account I will look into it this week end. Alternatively, you can ask that theme designer about this if you do not want to share that info.

It turned out it was due to customizations we made. The App shows up fine in standard ipsfocus themes.

• 3 months later...

Hi Faqole,

first of all thanks for this great addon.

Would it be possible that you add an account closing agreement where we can inform our users what will happen when they close their account and what they can do to reactivate it (a WYSIWYG editor in the AdminCP)? Adriano has this done for his account deletion addon and I'd like to use both of the addons with different information for each of it (including some GDPR information).

Thanks in advance,
Phil

10 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Hi Faqole,

first of all thanks for this great addon.

Would it be possible that you add an account closing agreement where we can inform our users what will happen when they close their account and what they can do to reactivate it (a WYSIWYG editor in the AdminCP)? Adriano has this done for his account deletion addon and I'd like to use both of the addons with different information for each of it (including some GDPR information).

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Hello,

You can add a closing argument in the current version. All you have to do is change the value of a language string. Please see the second attachment, where it says ""Hello that_guy.  are you sure that you want to close your account..... ". I can make it a setting too where you can add the text with ease.

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

4 hours ago, Faqole said:

Please see the second attachment, where it says ""Hello that_guy.  are you sure that you want to close your account..... "

I use this information text right now to inform the user what he is about to do and that staff will review the request (in the Delete My Account addon). So an extra setting would be great as I am using a small list what the user has to know plus the legal terms I need (thanks to GDPR -.-°). Furthermore I'd like to cross-link between your addon and Adriano's addon so the user can choose if he wants to delete or just deactivate the account for the time being.

I think this information text is a bit to small for this. If I enter all the information I need on the other hand this would extend the information bar too much.

The text is in german but here you can see what I try to achieve:

delete_my_account.thumb.JPG.2c7fc4c1ed3a5b86278aed811cb2f8b1.JPG

Best regards,
Phil

5 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

I use this information text right now to inform the user what he is about to do and that staff will review the request (in the Delete My Account addon). So an extra setting would be great as I am using a small list what the user has to know plus the legal terms I need (thanks to GDPR -.-°). Furthermore I'd like to cross-link between your addon and Adriano's addon so the user can choose if he wants to delete or just deactivate the account for the time being.

I think this information text is a bit to small for this. If I enter all the information I need on the other hand this would extend the information bar too much.

The text is in german but here you can see what I try to achieve:

delete_my_account.thumb.JPG.2c7fc4c1ed3a5b86278aed811cb2f8b1.JPG

Best regards,
Phil

I see what you mean. It would be very useful indeed. It has been added. It supports the full bbcode editor. Please see the attached screenshot. The very first setting at the top. The application has been updated with the new feature.

P.s. With this application, you can delete the suspended/closed accounts as well btw.

settings.thumb.png.81f496685df36803bead72c16e93c948.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get this error when the list reaches more than 15 excluded accounts. (When firing pagination.)

[[Template closeaccount/front/modcp/closedAccountsTable is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got this error updated the template clodedAccountsTable

{{if count( $rows )}}
	{template="buttons" params="$table->rootButtons, ''" group="global" app="core" if="isset( $headers['_buttons'] )"}
	<br>
{{endif}}

<div class='ipsBox'>
	<h2 class='ipsType_sectionTitle ipsType_reset'>{lang="modcp_closed_accounts"}</h2>
	{{if $table->pages > 1}}
		<div class="ipsButtonBar ipsPad_half ipsClearfix ipsClear">
			{template="pagination" group="global" location="global" params="$table->baseUrl, $table->pages, $table->page, $table->limit"}            
		</div>
	{{endif}}

<ul class='ipsDataList ipsDataList_large'>
		{template="$table->rowsTemplate[1]" params="$table, $headers, $rows" object="$table->rowsTemplate[0]"}
	</ul>

{{if $table->pages > 1}}
		<div class="ipsButtonBar ipsPad_half ipsClearfix ipsClear">
			{template="pagination" group="global" location="global" params="$table->baseUrl, $table->pages, $table->page, $table->limit"}
		</div>
	{{endif}}
</div>

Obs: Este aplicativo tem funcionado perfeitamente em IPS 4.4

Archived