404 Management - Supporttopic

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Is there a way to manage the size of the 404 error log file as I have only installed this about an hour ago and it's 5 pages long already

thanks

:blink:

We could include a truncate feature which deletes the old log records, but that's not going to help you in this case because they'll just get back.

We could include a filter to show/hide links with and without redirect targets.
I'll probably go with both solutions.. Truncate + filter

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! @Fosters

Two suggestions for next version:

1 - We often fix the broken link without changing the url. It would be nice to have the possibility to delete the url registered in the table.

2 - Whenever we save the "New Target" we do not go back to the previous page. This is annoying because we always have to apply the filter again.

"

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased this plugin and on an initial run, it looks great to see what urls are coming in. However, after a few minutes its starting to fill up and some of the urls are long and taking the edit and settings link off the page with no way to scroll over. For display reasons can you truncate the links on the app "dashboard" and maybe when you click on it have the popup display that link above the box you are going to put a new link into? Display the url above the New Target box...

image.thumb.png.690b1efb0f5bc070af327418f6055e03.png

16 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

I just purchased this plugin and on an initial run, it looks great to see what urls are coming in. However, after a few minutes its starting to fill up and some of the urls are long and taking the edit and settings link off the page with no way to scroll over.

Wow, ok thx, that's something what we missed. Fixed for next release:)

On 11/7/2018 at 10:35 PM, DSyste said:

Hello! @Fosters

Two suggestions for next version:

1 - We often fix the broken link without changing the url. It would be nice to have the possibility to delete the url registered in the table.

2 - Whenever we save the "New Target" we do not go back to the previous page. This is annoying because we always have to apply the filter again.

"

Deleting it will just result in it being logged again. Do you really want this?

OH BOY, I just noticed that we never released the log pruning feature.

log.thumb.png.e0e3065f83146918a0e5336388489952.png

It's going to be part of the next release:)

A new version was released

Changehistory

-Added Truncate Feature - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/446217-404-management-supporttopic/?tab=comments#comment-2747138
-Added Deletion Feature - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/446217-404-management-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2767184
-Fixed Wrapping issue - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/446217-404-management-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2767176

• 1 month later...

I just realized my log file is 984 pages! Even after I put in redirects for all the larger 404 counts. I converted my site from vbb about 14 months ago and most are old links which must be on the internet everywhere. 

There is no way to delete these logs, right? I can only set the prune time, which I did to 30 days. However, when the task runs, I get an error:

DELETE FROM `smanage404_links` WHERE logtime < 1544922184
Table 'ipb.smanage404_links' doesn't exist

Any ideas?

EDIT: I looked in the database and see a table for manage404_links and not smanage404_links. 

Edited by AlexWebsites

Found the issue, in the Application.php file changed:

/* Delete file system logs */
		if( \IPS\Settings::i()->manage_404_pruneAfterDays )
		{
			\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'smanage404_links', array( 'logtime < ?', \IPS\DateTime::create()->sub( new \DateInterval( 'P' . \IPS\Settings::i()->manage_404_pruneAfterDays . 'D' ) )->getTimestamp() ) );
		}
	}

to

/* Delete file system logs */
		if( \IPS\Settings::i()->manage_404_pruneAfterDays )
		{
			\IPS\Db::i()->delete( 'manage404_links', array( 'logtime < ?', \IPS\DateTime::create()->sub( new \DateInterval( 'P' . \IPS\Settings::i()->manage_404_pruneAfterDays . 'D' ) )->getTimestamp() ) );
		}
	}

Task now ran successfully.