Goal, Progress, Accomplished

Josiah Wallingford

App idea:

• You set (create) goals for yourself (or select from ones that have been created by the admin).
    • If creating a new one it will become available to other to pick as well (optional).
    • Shows in profile status and/or Goals tab.
  • You list your progress with your chosen goals.
    • Shows in profile status and/or Goals tab.
  • You mark your goals accomplished.
    • This item is removed from goals and added to skills or is added to skills and marked as "accomplished" next to the goal.
    • Shows in profile status update and/or Goals tab and on member info block.

This could fit in well or replace the profile tabs request I made here.

Example Use:

I want my users to be able to flaunt skills they have and to be able to view other users with the same skills. (that's where the Profile Tags fits in)

So, user has chosen those tags/goals or created a new one. Let's say the user has chosen the following tags/goals:

• Blacksmithing (or enter your favorite MMO skill mastery here)
  • Leatherworking
  • Carpentry

The user can then choose one of their chosen tags/goals and give a progress update on how it is coming along.

Once the user has mastered or is comfortable saying their goals is accomplished and is now a skill they have they can click "Accomplished" for one of their goals. 

That goal is now changed from a goal to a skill and is listed in their profile (and/or on their member info block).

screenshot.thumb.jpeg.e71ebf3d9315154908ab5d98b38b6825.jpeg96869077_screenshot(1).thumb.jpeg.ad92102d0bc5287cd04e0b025b4ce8c0.jpeg2053739702_screenshot(5).thumb.jpeg.283bb4d0d93d261bc173b6e37393b78d.jpeg786665701_screenshot(6).thumb.jpeg.c971d683eeb6f79564890029a2d73ac8.jpeg1804122494_screenshot(2).thumb.jpeg.51add319377cce8581e9f20ffa70ef73.jpeg1020947983_screenshot(3).thumb.jpeg.8e45a1fcb09c1c5edb192aa10a65b5eb.jpeg1807354746_screenshot(4).thumb.jpeg.46125dfdeae5ecb2a08e8f129bb44391.jpeg

10 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

I like apps of this sort, if nobody else ends up doing it before I have the time. Always goals, where the member marks his/her own goal as completed? Also is there any sort of competition to it to see who gets the most done, or just for personal use, mostly?

I imagine if this app was created people like @TheJackal84 and @Fosters would integrate their points/awards system into it or vise versa.

But, currently, in the WordPress version (screenshots I shared) version, there is no competition. I think it would be great to add a competitive edge to it though or at least the option for one. Maybe there are different levels of skills you could reach. Maybe we tie it into the Learning Management Software @Adriano Faria is developing! So, you take a course and complete the course (pass a courses final exam, get your trophy, get your points, etc) and then that course has a skill attached to it (by the instructor of the course or the dean of the school) that gets added to your profile. Something like that would be SWEET!

I also think theme developers (@TAMAN I'm thinking of you) could really take advantage of an app like this, though I don't know that any would unless it was REALLY POPULAR.

53 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

. Maybe we tie it into the Learning Management Software @Adriano Faria is developing! So, you take a course and complete the course (pass a courses final exam, get your trophy, get your points, etc) and then that course has a skill attached to it (by the instructor of the course or the dean of the school) that gets added to your profile. Something like that would be SWEET!

cool

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived