Member History Enhancements - Supporttopic

Fosters

• 5 months later...

This is a very hand app, thanks for making it @Fosters, but I unfortunately have a problem when clicking on the Member History tab in front end profiles.

1/ In some cases, with some but not all members who joined before installing the app:

Going to page 2 throws it back to Activity tab.

2/ With most, if not all, new members since installing the app, it throws these errors:

Front End Error:

Sorry, there is a problem
Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX0

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/extensions/core/MemberHistory/Core.php(146): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('members', 'core')
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Member/History.php(130): IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberHistory\_Core->parseLogData('{"type":"primar...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Member\_History->IPS\Member\{closure}('{"type":"primar...', Array)
#3 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(418): call_user_func(Object(Closure), '{"type":"primar...', Array)
#4 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(485): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/memberhistoryenhancement/extensions/core/Profile/MemberHistory.php(73): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(316): IPS\memberhistoryenhancement\extensions\core\Profile\_MemberHistory->render()
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#8 /home/user/public_html/forum/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(80): call_user_func_array('parent::manage', Array)
#9 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\hook174->manage()
#10 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#12 /home/user/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

ACP Error 1:

Template store key: template_3_29694959576e7435f97592bfc95869ec_members missing (core, front, members)

Backtrace:

#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/extensions/core/MemberHistory/Core.php(146): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('members', 'core')
#2 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Member/History.php(130): IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberHistory\_Core->parseLogData('{"type":"primar...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Member\_History->IPS\Member\{closure}('{"type":"primar...', Array)
#4 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(418): call_user_func(Object(Closure), '{"type":"primar...', Array)
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(485): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#6 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/memberhistoryenhancement/extensions/core/Profile/MemberHistory.php(73): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#7 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(316): IPS\memberhistoryenhancement\extensions\core\Profile\_MemberHistory->render()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#9 /home/user/public_html/forum/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(80): call_user_func_array('parent::manage', Array)
#10 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\hook174->manage()
#11 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#13 /home/user/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

ACP Error 2

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)

Backtrace:

#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/init.php(537): IPS\_Log::log('ErrorException:...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(553): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(ErrorException))
#2 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/memberhistoryenhancement/extensions/core/Profile/MemberHistory.php(73): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(316): IPS\memberhistoryenhancement\extensions\core\Profile\_MemberHistory->render()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(80): call_user_func_array('parent::manage', Array)
#6 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\hook174->manage()
#7 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#9 /home/user/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

- Additionally:

On the ACP dedicated page: Page 1 shows 25 entries. Going to Page 2, shows 5: which are the 6th - 10th entries from Page 1. Going back to Page 1, it then only shows 5 entries and not 25.

- Feature request:
In the ACP dedicated page, would it be possible, please, to make it so that clicking on the members name takes you to their member page in ACP Members instead of sending you to their forum profile, which takes you away from the ACP?

This was reported some days ago to me by another client.  Unfortunately it’s an issue / bug in IPS, which I have reported to IPS. I have als provided a bug fix and shared it with the other guy who reported it to me , and he confirmed that it fixed the bug, but he’s worried about the warning from the support tools reporting that a core file was modified. I’m waiting now for a reply from IPS to see if they’re going to accept it as bug and if they’ll fix it or if I need to find another approach 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry @Fosters, I’ve just spent hours trying to figure out why my ACP menu tabs custom ordering wasn’t saving when closing my ACP browser tab and browser - on re-opening my browser, my ACP menu wasn’t retaining my custom ordering.

I went through a whole process of disabling all apps and then re-enabling apps, one by one, whilst closing my ACP browser tab and browser and re-opening my browser on re-enabling each app. Unfortunately, this app was the culprit: when disabled and all other apps enabled, my ACP menu keeps my custom order and doesn’t lose it.

Between this problem and the one I previously mentioned, I’m afraid this app is now unusable for me. I could just about put up with the errors mentioned above, but having my ACP menu tabs, and the menu items within each of them, rearranging themselves was driving me nuts.

No, not the front-end profile tabs (like in your screenshot), it’s nothing to do with profiles or the front-end. I mean the main ACP menu on the left-hand side of the ACP, which has System, Community, Members, Customisation, etc. If you reorder this menu, it should retain its reordering when closing and reopening your browser, but it wasn't quite working as it should:

If I kept the ACP open in my browser at all times (ie, as a browser tab), the ACP menu retained any reordering when I closed and reopened my browser. This is correct. If you're someone who always keeps the ACP open in your browser when you close your browser, you won't notice the problem.

BUT - and this was the problem - If I closed the ACP, so that it wasn't in my browser tabs, the ACP menu lost my reordering when I closed and reopened my browser. The order of tabs in the ACP menu reverted to the default ordering. This is not correct.

I initially thought it was an IPS problem, to do with the “ips4_acpTabs” cookie (“This cookie is used to track your ACP tab preferences”), and I opened a support ticket about it. IPS support told me to disable all my plugins and apps to see if the problem still exists with them all disabled. Once I disabled them all, the problem didn't still exist, which meant an add-on was causing it.

To try to find the cause, I then had to re-enable them one-by-one, to find which add-on might be causing this. This entailed re-enabling one add-on, rearranging the ACP menu (to check if it would retain my reordering when I next opened my browser) and closing the browser tab for the ACP and closing my browser, then reopening my browser, reopening the ACP, logging back in, checking the ACP menu order, re-enabling the next add-on and starting the process again - for every single add-on every time I re-enabled one. I did this long and painstakingly tedious job, and it was only the Member History Management app causing the problem, none of the others caused my ACP menu to rearrange itself by itself under the circumstances mentioned above...

I've therefore had to uninstall the app, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived