Hosted ElasticSearch Recommendations

Chris027

Hi Guys - I'm looking or hosted ElasticSearch options and have looked at the elastic.co recommended Swiftype plan, but I would love a service that would enable me to just plugin the URL and port into the ACP (see screenshot). Siftype requires code entered into the templates. I can do it but would rather not.

Any recommendations for hosted ElasticSearch?

2069787595_ScreenShot2018-05-30at1_02_25PM.thumb.png.cbef03880380a91cb356045ebee7c901.png

On 6/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Chris027 said:

Doesn’t appear like we can set it up and plug in the url : port to IPS and have it just work. 

It works definitly like that. Put in the amazon url into IPS system and it starts immediatly. Tested it on my own board.

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'm also no dummy. I'm trying to configure AWS ES and it's quite complicated. I can't even find out how to create an index of the site. The documentation is all over the place. 

Anyone seen a straight forward AWS Elasticsearch tutorial?

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 6:10 PM, Chris027 said:

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'm also no dummy. I'm trying to configure AWS ES and it's quite complicated. I can't even find out how to create an index of the site. The documentation is all over the place. 

Anyone seen a straight forward AWS Elasticsearch tutorial?

Did you manage to figure it out?

I'm trying to find a way to set it up but have no idea what I'm looking at

On 10/6/2018 at 1:42 PM, GabijaCiju said:

Did you manage to figure it out?

I'm trying to find a way to set it up but have no idea what I'm looking at

It was pretty easy, but I do have a question though...I'm thinking allowing access by IP but I use cloudflare so I'm wondering what to do, use cloudflare IP? I guess I should test. To test for now I made it open to public and it works.

image.png.25ee611a8a5fbaab644e113e57935868.png

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 1:24 AM, AlexWebsites said:

It was pretty easy, but I do have a question though...I'm thinking allowing access by IP but I use cloudflare so I'm wondering what to do, use cloudflare IP? I guess I should test. To test for now I made it open to public and it works.

image.png.25ee611a8a5fbaab644e113e57935868.png

Hello, Finally I configured a domain in ElasticSearch.

I select in cluster configuration the the option without authentication  and then I "Allow access from especific IPs". I use Cloudflare, but I don´t have problems if I use my server IP.

Archived